Post-Game Talk: 18/19 Endless boilerplate arguments regarding Management thread | Pt. V. Oil up your mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Fire Everyone.

Jim Benning and everyone who works under him is a biblical plague on par with the hell the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Chicago Blackhawks fans suffered under the worst ownership groups and corrupt regimes in NHL history.

I curse the Aquillini ownership group for wasting at least a decade of our lives for the simple sin of cheering for this god forsaken team.

Jim Benning is a curse that shouldn't be wished upon your worst enemy. They say hell is the impossibility of reason. And that is Jim Benning. A constant daily living hell of stupid without reason or logic.

Anything positive that happens for this team or this fan base is by accident.

Goddamn this Aquilini owned theme park that has a hockey ride no one gives a f*** about known as the Vancouver Canucks.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Could be the worst thread title I. HAVE. EVER. SEEN

Mods please clean this up :shakehead

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I agree with M2B. Please retitle thread to “2018/19 Management Thread - THINGS ARE GOING REALLY SUPER GOOD”
Both extremes are stupid Robbie K. Moderation is a good thing Ive come to realize with this team. There will be the fanatical crazies on both ends of the debate, i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Both extremes are stupid Robbie K. Moderation is a good thing Ive come to realize with this team. There will be the fanatical crazies on both ends of the debate, i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

In what world is believing that Benning has done a bad job, and that the team would be better off with competent management “extreme?” Does the dude have to run over Bo Horvat on his Harley or something?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Canucks deserve credit for the way they have conducted things coming out of pre season. I am impressed that they waived Gagner and maybe even more impressed that they scratched Schaller.

We are.a long ways from being a meritocracy but these are positive signs.

Reactions: Dissonance Jr

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Nice opener! Canucks opened last season well, too. It's a pro league. Waiving somebody is a diversion. Adding A's is a diversion. Canucks realize it is hella easier focus attention away from a problem than it is to fix it. They haven't fixed much. It will still be a weak team because of the goaltending and defense. It doesn't matter what next season is going to be like in the face of blowing off another season. It's not okay.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
There’s a feeling of hopelessness surrounding Jim Benning because even if he manages to do something not awful, it’s the “one million monkeys on one million typewriters” dilemma.

If they somehow manage to write a cohesive novel after failing hundreds of times before, do you feel good about letting them continue to write novels for you?

No matter how good or bad this team does, the “new era,” the “bright future” or the “true rebuild” will never begin until he, and all the garbage he brought along with him, is gone.

Reactions: Canucks5551

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
There’s a feeling of hopelessness surrounding Jim Benning because even if he manages to do something not awful, it’s the “one million monkeys on one million typewriters” dilemma.

If they somehow manage to write a cohesive novel after failing hundreds of times before, do you feel good about letting them continue to write novels for you?

No matter how good or bad this team does, the “new era,” the “bright future” or the “true rebuild” will never begin until he, and all the garbage he brought along with him, is gone.

What a silly post. Good or bad the "new era" has already begun. If the team does well they aren't likely to do well on the strength of 30+ year old players so the team would seem to have a "bright future." As for whether a "true rebuild" has begun, if the team is doing well who cares?

But to answer your hypothetical question, if someone manages to write a "cohesive novel" (where "cohesiveness" is entirely subjective) after failing hundred of times before, I do feel good about letting him or her continue to write novels for me. I'm not sure if you know how the industry works. If you're writing your first novel, no one cares how many times you failed in the past. If that first and last novel is a commercial success you will be trusted to write another novel.

It's really stupid to say that it doesn't matter "how good... this team does."

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
What a silly post. Good or bad the "new era" has already begun. If the team does well they aren't likely to do well on the strength of 30+ year old players so the team would seem to have a "bright future." As for whether a "true rebuild" has begun, if the team is doing well who cares?

But to answer your hypothetical question, if someone manages to write a "cohesive novel" (where "cohesiveness" is entirely subjective) after failing hundred of times before, I do feel good about letting him or her continue to write novels for me. I'm not sure if you know how the industry works. If you're writing your first novel, no one cares how many times you failed in the past. If that first and last novel is a commercial success you will be trusted to write another novel.

It's really stupid to say that it doesn't matter "how good... this team does."

It doesn’t matter how good the team does because they will do so despite of Benning, not because of him.

The feeling of hopelessness is akin to that of Ottawa Senator’s fans during their 2017 playoff run.

Was it fun to watch? Yes.
Was it exciting? Yes.

But deep down Senator fans knew that if only their cheap ass ownership had been willing to put together the most competitive team they could without cutting corners, the Sens could’ve gone even further.

When I watch Pettersson score a goal and an assist, I can’t help wondering how many goals and assists he’d get with Ehlers and Tkachuk on his wings opposed to Loui Eriksson.

Benning will always hold this team back, and no matter how good they do, they would be doing even better with a competent GM.

So maybe someone like you is happy to enjoy whatever small victories that may fall into Benning’s lap, but I for one can’t overlook how much better things could, and should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->