Do we have an issue with goalie scouting?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So like how we traded Lenher to Buffalo for a 1st, which turned out to be Colin White?
Or like how NJ traded a 1st for Schneider, Edmonton traded a first 2nd and 7th for Talbot, leafs traded a late first and 2nd for Andersen.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Or like how NJ traded a 1st for Schneider, Edmonton traded a first 2nd and 7th for Talbot, leafs traded a late first and 2nd for Andersen.
Or Jones, or Bobrovski, or Bishop, or Varlamov, etc. I'm all for drafting goalies with late picks, but it's really not that expensive to get a decent one through trade, just has to be at the right time. Not worth taking them with high picks when you can get a sure thing for the same pick or less.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
On this note, I've always wondered why teams don't take shots on more tennies. I'd love for the Sens to take flyers on as many of the best undrafted goaltenders as we can (college free agents, etc.) and see if we can't hit a home run with one of them. The position is full of late bloomers.

Is it just the lack of places for us to play them?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
On this note, I've always wondered why teams don't take shots on more tennies. I'd love for the Sens to take flyers on as many of the best undrafted goaltenders as we can (college free agents, etc.) and see if we can't hit a home run with one of them. The position is full of late bloomers.

Is it just the lack of places for us to play them?

Would definitely be better than some of those odd picks in the mid rounds where they grab US high schoolers and overagers from obscure leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad