Proposal: Do we go after Karlsson & Panarin next July if they become UFAs?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Long term contract. No pressure to perform. The guy wants the big life. Does he realize he needs to keep performing?

New York is not the right city for everyone. Too many temptations.

No pressure to perform? For years I hear there is too much pressure in NY to perform. Which is it?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Yes, and while NYC is nice, it's not special. Saying there are "too many temptations" and using that to criticize Panarin is ridiculous.

I’m not sure there’s a way to prove anywhere is special or not special so this seems like a stupid argument to have.

That said I’ve been all around the world and there aren’t too many places that come close to matching NYCs crazy mix of diversity, density, culture and commerce. Special seems the perfect word to use.

That doesn’t mean it’s a place everyone would want to live. Or that NYC would be dangerous due to temptations. If you want to get into trouble, you can find it anywhere.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Tbh id rather live in Columbus than NYC. That's just me tho. Everyone is different.
I mean, if we are talking about the average middle class person SURE. NYC is the most expensive place in America, having said that, if you're a high paid athlete who has the world at their finger tips, NYC is about as amazing as it gets.

Reactions: haveandare

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Damn I forgot how young seguin is, feels like he’s been around forever

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Tbh id rather live in Columbus than NYC. That's just me tho. Everyone is different.
Don't have to live in NYC to play for the Rangers. Plenty of players live upstate a bit. There are tons of great places to live within an hour or so from MSG.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I mean, if we are talking about the average middle class person SURE. NYC is the most expensive place in America, having said that, if you're a high paid athlete who has the world at their finger tips, NYC is about as amazing as it gets.
If I was a billionaire I'd still rather live in Columbus...I'm just not a city guy..like I said...everyone is different. I like the burbs.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If I was a billionaire I'd still rather live in Columbus...I'm just not a city guy..like I said...everyone is different. I like the burbs.

NYC has suburbs too. You don’t have to live in the city

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Conveniently forgotten that Panarin lived in St.Petersburg for many years making a ton of money and being just as popular of a star there. And there’s not much in NY that would not be available there in terms of nightlife, temptations and excess. That really played a trick on Panarin’s career, yeah?

I don’t even mention two years in Chicago playing sidekick to Kane on and off the ice. Wait, @RangerBoy hasn’s found an obscure (but surely reliable) tweet yet that off-ice issues were why Panarin was traded to Columbus?

What a ridiculous length someone would go to to support this nonsense.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
NYC has suburbs too. You don’t have to live in the city

Not my liking ...need more space and I really despise cities...I don't like being surrounded by ppl...I'm not claustrophobic..but I get really uncomfortable when there's ppl all around me. I'm weird. Get off my lawn u kids!

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Not my liking ...need more space and I really despise cities...I don't like being surrounded by ppl...I'm not claustrophobic..but I get really uncomfortable when there's ppl all around me. I'm weird. Get off my lawn u kids!

There are places near ny with plenty of space and huge properties

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Conveniently forgotten that Panarin lived in St.Petersburg for many years making a ton of money and being just as popular of a star there. And there’s not much in NY that would not be available there in terms of nightlife, temptations and excess. That really played a trick on Panarin’s career, yeah?

I don’t even mention two years in Chicago playing sidekick to Kane on and off the ice. Wait, @RangerBoy hasn’s found an obscure (but surely reliable) tweet yet that off-ice issues were why Panarin was traded to Columbus?

Yeah, but are people aware of how huge St Petersburg actually is? But of course it's not as great as the legendary, wonderful, majestic, amazing, one-in-a-million city of New York of course.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, but are people aware of how huge St Petersburg actually is? But of course it's not as great as the legendary, wonderful, majestic, amazing, one-in-a-million city of New York of course.
I wouldn’t put down NY (it’s an amazing global cosmopolitan center) but St.Pete is right there too.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

The best part is he doubled down on his inane comment in such a ridiculous way that a mod had to come in and stealth edit his post.

But yeah, my "hyperbole" is obviously the problem here. Ridiculous.

Anyway, returning to the real universe, let's not forget that he put up 82 points playing for none other than John freaking Tortorella. There's probably few coaches you'd less like to play for if you're an offensively gifted European than Tortorella.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If we are competitors in 2-4 years as most here predicting then I’m gladly having EK at 30-32 to be our 1D and Panarin at 29-31 to join our forwards group (Zibanejad, Kreider, Buchnevich, Chytil, Andersson, Kravtsov etc).

Funny thing is those who advocate against signing these two are the loudest who scream that anything other that SC doesn’t matter.

To me the only question is the price. It would be a bad idea to trade young roster players, prospects or 1st or 2nd round picks to Ottawa that is cornered and is entirely not in control of the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->