Series Talk: Do we even want home ice?

Do we even want home ice?

• Total voters

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We sure are not playing like we want home ice. I guess they will take it if the Bruins hand it to them (and they are doing their part losing 3 straight) so I voted "Makes no difference".

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Hmmm. Why would TO want home ice?
Oh, I don't know...maybe because it will limit the usage of arguably the best line in hockey, against whom TO cannot answer.
I'd say success hinges on home ice.

Reactions: Pi

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The line for me is 3 points. If they aren't at least 3 points back of Boston going into the game on April 1st, you gotta punt an rest andersen

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Jeremy Jacobs Bruins Owner...
Is the Head of NHL Board of Directors...

Just let that sink in for a bit

Board meeting. press asks "are you talking about the new playoff format and how top teams are getting eliminated in the first round, and don't have home ice?"

Colin Cambell "no we're concerned about players swearing on the ice"

not long after, our best D man and leader (it seems) is being investigated for saying something that would ruin him, probably get him suspended. Guy who launched the investigation?

Hmmmm.

So yes, I would like home ice. I'm very paranoid about the reffing vs the Bruins. I don't want to think there's something going on, but they seem to be allowed to play a different brand of hockey than many other teams if you know what I'm saying.

Don't get me started on the length of Kadri's suspension last year. I just don't believe the same incident by a Bruins player would have received the same amount of games.

But....I'm just a crazy person and I'm aware of my crazy paranoias and truly hope there's nothing going on and the Leafs will finally beat the damned Bruins, home ice or not. But I would absolutely prefer home ice.

But.....Freddy needs some resting. The sooner we are out of the "home-ice" race, the sooner Babs will start giving Freddy the rest he needs before the end of the season, I don't know how much rest that is but I'm starting to think he could use a bit you know?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
For the Leafs to win home or away, the entire meta of how winning hockey is played has to change.
As much as people joke about Babcock and gud pros, he's 100% correct, the players are for
the most part are relying on skill over wisdom and experience. They smirk beating up
weaker teams (sometimes) and think they're something. The best thing that could happen
for the Leafs is they get destroyed in the playoffs and maybe that will knock them off their
high horses and they'll use the experience to become wiser. There's no chance they finish the playoffs
right now without looking like fools in the process.

Reactions: Kazcram

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
That doesn't matter. Leafs were 1-3 in Boston. That's all that matters.

and yet there was a game 7 and the Leafs had a lead going into the 3rd period. its all a matter of perspective.

The WSH capitals since 2006 have won 8 division championships, 1 cup, and 1 conference championship.

Before last year the Caps (since 2006) missed the playoffs 3 times, had 3 1st round exits, and 6 2nd round exits. Mostly losing to one team, the PENS, in the playoffs.

Caps fans see their team as a successful one.

So Leafs can agonize over one thing for as long as they want, it might change or it might not change. Either way this team has to keep chiseling away at the way until it crumbles.

nick942

Mar 15, 2011
Toronto
I want the team to have home ice advantage. However, based on the way that the team hasn't capitalized on the Bruin's 3 game losing streak, clearly they don't want it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It doesn't really matter.

The Bruins, Blackhawks, Islanders, these players wilt under pressure.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
their ice surface is smaller? I never knew that.
All NHL rinks are 200' by 85', except for:
Buffalo - 196' by 85'
Chicago - 185' by 85'
Boston - 191' by 83'

So Chicago's is actually the smallest, although Boston's is the narrowest.

International or Olympic rinks are 61 metres by 30 metres (roughly 200' by 98.5').

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It doesn't really matter.

The Bruins, Blackhawks, Islanders, these players wilt under pressure.
Particularly the Bruins and Islanders, it would seem they are the teams that apply the pressure, and it's the Leafs who wilt, based on their 1-5 record.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
All NHL rinks are 200' by 85', except for:
Buffalo - 196' by 85'
Chicago - 185' by 85'
Boston - 191' by 83'

So Chicago's is actually the smallest, although Boston's is the narrowest.

International or Olympic rinks are 61 metres by 30 metres (roughly 200' by 98.5').

Yeah I knew international was way bigger, but I never heard there were smaller Mel rinks. That’s crazy to me this is the nhl the pinnical of hockey in the world and 3 teams get to have different rinks pretty considerably in terms of Chicago and Boston.

Very interesting thanks for the info

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
The Bruins are 27-7-3 at home while being 15-13-6 on the road. Even though we aren't, especially freddy, as good at home, we wanna minimalize the amount of games at TD garden.

Boston blew us out both times at TD gardens this year. Take it with a grain of salt, but the B's are clearly better at home and its one of the toughest buildings to win in.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
2 back with 11 games each.

Leafs have the first tiebreaker (43 ROW to 40 ROW right now), so they just need to tie them in points and be 1 ROW ahead, but Boston owns the second tiebreaker (head to head).

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Yes we do want home ice. Maybe the Leafs aren't very much better off either way, but the biggest thing is the Boston is dominant at home, but mediocre on the road. Home ice advantage is more or less taking a big advantage away from Boston. Plus, Babcock is going to be chasing matchups no matter what, so at least this gives him the advantage of doing it well.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What kind of question is this thread?
Don’t winners want to win all the time.

You work hard to take all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad