Series Talk: Do we even want home ice?

Do we even want home ice?

• Total voters

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
No. Home ice is s7ch a massive advantage, even more so in the Playoffs. With us having a 99% chsnce to play Boston, getting home ice is an even bigger thing. Not because of 2013, that's irrelevant but do you really want to play a game 7 at TD Garden?

I'm not even optimistic that this team could force a game 7

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Maybe in other Canadian cities and Buffalo. I really doubt we’d be able to make a dent in Boston. Not exactly a small hockey market.

Yeah we should want that home ice. I’d much rather them start here than get freaked out in Boston while being run into the ground. Sadly we don’t get a vote. Probably starting on the road.
I was in Boston for Game 5 last year and there weren't a lot of Leafs fans in the lower bowl. Not sure about up top but yeah, it wasn't exactly a huge contingent.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Another regulation loss for the Bruins tonight. Other teams just keep teeing it up for us.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Doesn’t matter to me where they play because they’ll all be played on TV. If I ever have a choice of what time they play, different story.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I see one advantage to starting on the road. If you fall behind in the series, at least you're coming home. I think there's an expression something along the lines of "you're still in it till you lose a game a home". As bad as going to Boston and falling behind 2 games to 0 was in 2013 and 2018, it would be worse falling behind 2-0 in Toronto and then having to go to Boston.

Other than that one thing, home ice is good. Match-ups become more important with a lot of Boston's scoring stacked on one line (thank goodness we don't have a Bozak line we need to hide anymore). And if it goes to 7, definitely want that to be in Toronto.

Looks like Boston gifted us a third straight chance to pull within a game of them - hopefully we take advantage of it this time. Teams often go into a skid after a really long winning streak like they had. There's hope for second yet.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
leafs and bruins are trying to out bad the other team right now.

Historically you play much better on it. Leafs have also lost 2 game 7's on the road to the b's, you want home ice.

horner

May 22, 2007
Against Boston you want home ice.
There small barn suits there game.

They can cycle you to death.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Leafs could play Boston on the moon. It doesn’t matter. Boston is not losing to the Leafs in a 7 game series.

if boston are so much better how come it even got to 7 games last year? this is the weird thing, posters like you rave about boston and their toughness etc. We lost in the 3rd period of game 7 that tells me it was evenly matched but the more experienced team won

Reactions: Vaive50

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Boston is the most home-ice-dependant team in hockey - not surprising given how dependant they are on one dominant line and one dominant pairing.

best we take that advantage away from them.

Jeremy Jacobs Bruins Owner...
Is the Head of NHL Board of Directors...

Just let that sink in for a bit

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
if boston are so much better how come it even got to 7 games last year? this is the weird thing, posters like you rave about boston and their toughness etc. We lost in the 3rd period of game 7 that tells me it was evenly matched but the more experienced team won

they were the favorites, the higher seed, with home ice advantage, and needed a game 7 3rd period comeback to beat us.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Every team wants home ice advantage.

You have the home crowd, players are sleeping in their own beds and coaches have advantages like last change to line match.

Last year we nearly got swept by the Bruins in 4 games (if not for Freddy heroics and a few highlight of the year saves in game #3) , as Boston destroyed the Leafs in their home arena posting scores of 7-3, 5-1 and 7-4.

Home ice would put the Leafs in the drivers seat heading into this next series.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Damn this was the week to catch and pass Boston. They had a very hard road schedule. But we made up zero ground. Well lets hope we can win 2 this weekend and at least be tied.

horner

May 22, 2007
Jeremy Jacobs Bruins Owner...
Is the Head of NHL Board of Directors...

Just let that sink in for a bit
And Colin Campbells son used to play for the bruins.
There are reasons why the bruins get away with shit.
Marchant gets very few suspensions for what he does.
Charas hit on paciorety no suspension. Even though it was investigated by the police.
They seem to get away with more shit.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
they were the favorites, the higher seed, with home ice advantage, and needed a game 7 3rd period comeback to beat us.
Add that for all their "toughness" we were the better team at even strength, and that they evened that out with their skill on their top line and on the PP.

Oh, and Boston is a small team as well. It's beyond weird when people talk about how we need more size to match them.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure how any Leafs fan who has lived though Game 7's in Boston can vote it doesn't matter. Hello.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To start he playoffs - NO - Might be better to start on the road ... but game 7 in TD Garden?!
We have seen nuff of that one.:snow::cold::snow:

Based on what evidence is there to suggest that the Leafs are better off to start on the road in the playoffs? Last season's "brilliant" performances in games 1 and 2? It's 100% better to start at home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->