Series Talk: Do we even want home ice?

Do we even want home ice?

• Total voters

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
No. Home ice is s7ch a massive advantage, even more so in the Playoffs. With us having a 99% chsnce to play Boston, getting home ice is an even bigger thing. Not because of 2013, that's irrelevant but do you really want to play a game 7 at TD Garden?

Reactions: Cams

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
We may play better on the road, but if it comes down to game 7 again, we don't wanna be in TD gardens. The Bruins are just too good there.

Granted they blew a 3-0 game 7 lead to the flyers there before, all be it, a decade ago lol

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It may very well make no difference. Still, I'd like to have Game 1 at Scotiabank Arena. I'm hoping the Leafs wrap up the series before Game 7. In case they don't, I'd want that game at home too.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Leafs could play Boston on the moon. It doesn’t matter. Boston is not losing to the Leafs in a 7 game series.

your tears are very salty. Whats the point of coming to the forum just to post negative stuff? Nothing to better to do with your time?

But yes, being able to have last change 4 out the 7 games could be beneficial to us, never know come the playoffs what line is going to be better.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We sucked in the first two games in Boston last year. Would rather not give them the chance to do that to us again.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I feel like the pressure is on the home team to start, so i'd rather start on the road. But that Game 7 at home is key.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Leaf fans in other cities are usually louder than the ones here....
Maybe in other Canadian cities and Buffalo. I really doubt we’d be able to make a dent in Boston. Not exactly a small hockey market.

Yeah we should want that home ice. I’d much rather them start here than get freaked out in Boston while being run into the ground. Sadly we don’t get a vote. Probably starting on the road.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe in other Canadian cities and Buffalo. I really doubt we’d be able to make a dent in Boston. Not exactly a small hockey market.

Yeah we should want that home ice. I’d much rather them start here than get freaked out in Boston while being run into the ground. Sadly we don’t get a vote. Probably starting on the road.
My comment was very much tongue in cheek, but you're right - Boston is one of the few cities where Leafs don't have a loud and vocal following.

I would always prefer home ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad