Do the Stromes go the same path as the Staals?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is the elder McLeod even a prospect? Got passed over in his draft and held off on going to NCAA. Don't know much about the other two.

Church of Toews*

To be honest when I saw the title of this thread I figured the OP was asking if the Strome's would eventually want to find a team where they could play together

Thought the exact same thing. Was expecting a question on if Dylan will leave Arizona and try to join the Islanders or something along those lines

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Is the elder McLeod even a prospect? Got passed over in his draft and held off on going to NCAA. Don't know much about the other two.

I don't think so. Still playing in the ojhl. Even when he was planning on going the ncaa route it wasn't to a particularly good program.

The younger brothers are still good prospects. Michael was drafted fifth overall in the priority selection and had a good year for Mississauga. Ryan was just drafted third overall to flint but is in a weird situation right now. Last I read he was not reporting to the team and had refused all contact they tried to establish with him. Seems he's trying to force a trade to Mississauga so he can play close to home with his brother.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Well what is he supposed to say? His brother was trying to become a top pick, do you think Ryan would tell the press that his brother is a no talent hack riding his coat tails? Of course not but I'm not saying Dylan isn't good either. I think Dylan will have a good career and has plenty of potential.
He could've just said the same generic crap all hockey players do. "He's a great player", "he deserves this recognition" blah blah. Instead he said he was better than him because it's probably true that Dylan is.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I see them going the Schenn' brothers path more. They're gonna be really good, but not great.

Tbh, they haven't even been really good....NHL players for sure, but nothing that would knock your socks off. Luke Schenn is what he is, and Brayden Schenn has yet to "break out".

Mustang2750*

Well Ryan will be a 70-80 point player in the next couple of seasons especially if he plays with Tavares more like they started doing toward the end of last season.

So I guess people see Dylan as a 80-90 point guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->