Do the Leafs Roll the dice this year or next before the clock strikes midnight?

NewZealandMike

Nov 14, 2022
Not to rain on anyones dreams but 0/7 is not worthy of celebration. Now that the young core is matured do they get better or are we at "peak"? 3-4 years from now our core will be in decline, Two years from now we face Tavares Matthews Nylander all rebooking.
This is the nearest as a team to be close since, well 1967 I think. But to beat the Bruins Avalanche Lightning do we have the lineup??? No is the answer or 0/7 would not be 0/7.
So the question is if your very close do you roll the dice to win, or stay the course and hope while the core is at peak you get luck to get there before they decline and no blue chip prospects in the wings to replace them

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Caps kept rolling the dice and eventually conquered their demons.

We get tied up in thinking (listening to people say) we "need" to win a round before we can talk about winning the cup.

When in reality, we can run the table as much as anyone. Get hot at the right time and carry it deep...

And yes, I say "we" when I talk about this team... lol

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
2 years technically remain in this current window.

If we are not going all-in, what is the point?

I would be making a move this season with the understanding that if the team doesn't get the job done (we can all argue what that is, but it is more than winning one round to me), one of the core four forwards are moving on anyway.

Unique situation with the cap starting to trend up, and Muzzin looking like he won't be able to return.

I would be adding a 6-7 forward and/or a 3-4 D if possible. If we have to move current roster pieces (Kerfoot, Engvall, other), picks or prospects (other than Knies) I do it.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I imagine that the core is likely to remain as the best part of the team and be looked upon to lead the way to better days/glory. Beyond that, management should be expected to continue adding around these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad