Do the Leafs have the worst defense in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Once again, this is not a reactionary thread. This is proof of what EVERYONE outside of Toronto has said, they need to fix their defense, it's bad. It's not even a hate thread, if they fixed their defense, they would be cup contenders. If they don't they won't be.

But hey, if you think it's sufficient, all the more to you.

It's okay to have 97 hype threads/1000 hype posts but if you dare question a weakness it's hell no.

Fans should be getting tired of that defense and give .... about the offense right now, everyone knows the question mark in their lineup and their Gm has done nothing to fix it, nothing.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Really? 3 game sample size and starting out backup goalie who hasn't played in the NHL in 3 years, and it's early season hockey where lots of goals are scored, and one of those goals was an EN goal.. Not surprised by the OP.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's not very good right now, that's for sure, but the goalie they dressed tonight was pretty pathetic.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
It's okay to have 97 hype threads/1000 hype posts but if you dare question a weakness it's hell no.

Fans should be getting tired of that defense and give .... about the offense right now, everyone knows the question mark in their lineup and their Gm has done nothing to fix it, nothing.
Right? I'm not even hating, just a observation about their team. They fix it, I think they could be cup favorites. But they refuse to take constructive criticism. It's blind homerism at its finest.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Anytime the puck is in our end:

giphy.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Right? I'm not even hating, just a observation about their team. They fix it, I think they could be cup favorites. But they refuse to take constructive criticism. It's blind homerism at its finest.

I can't figure out how the fans can put up with that garbage, I'd be losing my mind considering what they are trying to do and the window they now have.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Yeah but they will improve in time. One thing that isn't going to go away is the offense. They'll win a lot of games and have a chance to compete for the cup. If you're a fan that's all you can ask for. Look at Coyotes fans, Panthers and Islanders fans. They'd love to have their team compete for the cup.lol.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Nah. They have a number of talented players at that position.
The issue is simply in execution and their integration of new players like Ohziganov (who has been mediocre) and Marincin (who is super meh), and their average-ish right side for the most part.
It will get sorted out.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
I can't figure out how the fans can put up with that garbage, I'd be losing my mind considering what they are trying to do and the window they now have.
Imagine being Matthews/Tavares. Their face when they get scored/tied up on, "god dammit I have to score again..."

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't think it's the worst, but it probably needs to be better come playoff time. I think some of their game will get cleaned up as the season moves on, which is true for pretty much every team at this time of the year. The game is sloppier when the season starts. Scoring goes up, then falls back to whatever that particular season's total is. It's normal.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
when they face a hot goalie, they'll be toast.
it's a tale as old as time.

Who knows maybe Andersen gets hot. Or maybe their defense starts to gel and hits their stride going into the playoffs. We're only couple games into the season so I get a laugh when people throw these threads out because it's still too early to tell.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
The Dmen they’ve been drafting are devolping, looking pretty good too in the AHL. They have to weather the storm with stop gaps like Hainsey And Oz/Marincin until lily and Sandin make the jump.

The last thing you do is overreact and do hall for Larsson type of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad