Speculation: Do the Flyers Make the Playoffs

Do the Flyers mkae the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
We have so much very good players in team, so yes. Despite bad coaching staff.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Probably will make it because our good talent is among the best in the league. But our GM will keep enough dead weight around for the coach to over use in stupid situations that we ll just be cannon fodder for teams with competent front offices. So pretty much the same as the last 4 years.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Incredible:

: too extraordinary and improbable to be believed making incredible claims
2 : amazing, extraordinary

So we signed McDavid, Crosby and Doughty in the offseason?
While he is unlikely to repeat it, G is coming off a 102 point season and outscored all but McDavid.

That's not incredible?

Ghost leading the league n power play points from defensemen isn't incredible?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The team is better on paper and there are a few teams that took a step back this year but I am still not convinced that they get in.

Washington and Pittsburgh in for sure. Tampa/Boston/Toronto in for sure.

Philly fights with Columbus, New Jersey, and Carolina for the last divisional spot, plus Florida for one of the wild cards.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Half of the top six had career years last year, and we *still* barely made the playoffs. None of the major problems of this team (Head coach, pk coach, goal tending, awful vets, bottom 4 d, play style that does not suit roster) were addressed, except for improving the 3rd line center if misha takes off.

They can make the playoffs, because there is a lot of talent in the forwards and the top pairing is insane, but it will not be easy, and they could just as easily miss.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
While he is unlikely to repeat it, G is coming off a 102 point season and outscored all but McDavid.

That's not incredible?

Ghost leading the league n power play points from defensemen isn't incredible?

Plus Provorov co-leading defensemen in goals, Couturier playing Selke level defense and scoring 70+ points, Voracek being PPG+, and TK being a legit top line goal scoring machine as soon as he was allowed to actually play.

Not to mention guys like JVR and Patrick, who should be a boost this year.

We’re lucky to have some amazing players, even if some people don’t appreciate them.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Plus Provorov co-leading defensemen in goals, Couturier playing Selke level defense and scoring 70+ points, Voracek being PPG+, and TK being a legit top line goal scoring machine as soon as he was allowed to actually play.

Not to mention guys like JVR and Patrick, who should be a boost this year.

We’re lucky to have some amazing players, even if some people don’t appreciate them.
Appreciating them would be admitting that the coaching staff is doing a poor job with the talent he has...

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Appreciating them would be admitting that the coaching staff is doing a poor job with the talent he has...
That’s exactly what it is.

They’ve been trying to spin a narrative about the team not having talent for a long time now, as if that justifies Hakstol’s many failures. Unfortunately that’s obviously an indisputable lie and anyone who watches any hockey knows it.

At this point it pretty clear they’re bigger fans of the coach than the team. Literally everything the coach doesn’t gets defended, but even scoring 102 points apparently isn’t good enough. :laugh:

Reactions: Philly Phish

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I guess having the 9th most points of all players in the last 10 seasons despite only playing 9.5 seasons and scoring 102 points last year doesn't make you incredible.

However, the amount of continuous dismissal by a single person is pretty incredible (i.e. too extraordinary etc.)

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The division isn't actually that strong, in my estimation. I'm looking at Islanders, Rangers, and Hurricanes teams that will probably suck (despite Trotz and the Carolina resurgence I feel like we're promised every single summer). I'm not sold on the Blue Jackets at all and Torts has an inevitable expiration date coming up in the next couple of seasons...and if things go bad Panarin might get shipped. I see the Devils a lot and I think they're still a mediocre team, despite some real talents. I think the Caps will struggle out of the gate but ultimately be a good team. I think the Pens are very good.

Unless the Flyers play like absolute trash, they should be the 3rd best team in this division again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad