Do the Flyers Make the Playoffs? (Poll Started In October 2017)

Do the Flyers make the playoffs?

• Total voters

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Yes, by the skin of our teeth. We've continuously exposed major flaws in the way we play and teams are taking notice. Unless we adapt our game plan, stop playing these slow losers and get more aggressive we can count on a very quick exit

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Once they get past this horrible stretch of games (not just good teams, but back to backs with travel) they should get enough points to easily make the playoffs.

Reactions: JXC

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Either way, the coach wont get any of the blame.

He either carried the team to victory despite all of the player's warts, or didnt have the right tools to get the job done.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
94% chance as of this morn
they'd basically have to lose out

Not really.

They need to win at least 5-6 more games in their last 14 based on point projections.

10 regulation losses and we are done.
9 regulation losses and we might be done.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I think our top guys do just enough and Mrazek steals a game or 2 and the Flyers get in the WC.
NJ and Washington haven’t shown anything lately that they can separate themselves from the Flyers or the other teams fighting for playoff spots

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Last night was a bit of a back breaker for me. We're beating non-play off teams and we're losing to most of the play-off teams. I know we're streaky and you should never get too high or too low but there's too many holes in this team. I'd be surprised at this point if we even make it.

Reactions: JXC

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Last night was a bit of a back breaker for me. We're beating non-play off teams and we're losing to most of the play-off teams. I know we're streaky and you should never get too high or too low but there's too many holes in this team. I'd be surprised at this point if we even make it.

They are done.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I just dont see this team winning enough games the rest of the season.

Both Florida and Columbus are easilly going to end up with 96 points....that puts us in a dog fight with NJ for the last WC spot. That gives hope..but Ive been counting on NJ to fail all season and they keep winning. Plus our prize would be being rocked by TB in 4 or 5 games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At this point, I want them to miss the playoffs. It would probably be the best chance we see Hakstol and the rest of the coaching staff get fired.

I want them to make it still, because:

A) There is nothing like playoff hockey and it's been 2 years since we participated.

B) Hakstol won't get fired still. I'd bet on an extension before he gets fired.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just dont see this team winning enough games the rest of the season.

Both Florida and Columbus are easilly going to end up with 96 points....that puts us in a dog fight with NJ for the last WC spot. That gives hope..but Ive been counting on NJ to fail all season and they keep winning. Plus our prize would be being rocked by TB in 4 or 5 games.

96 points seems like a bold predicition for CBJ.

They have 81 points with 11 games left. They'd have to go 7-3-1 in their last 15 against:

Ottawa
Boston
New York
Florida
St. Louis
Edmonton
Calagary
Vancouver
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Nashville

It's doable but not an easy guarantee.