Do the Flyers Make the Playoffs? (Poll Started In October 2017)

Do the Flyers make the playoffs?

• Total voters

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
If this team finishes in the top 3 of the division, nobody can claim that Hakstol held them back from hitting their potential.

I don't think that will happen. He is an average coach and they are, on paper, an average to slightly above average team IMO. I see them winning the top wild card spot, not in spite nor because of the coach.

Reactions: JXC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's pretty obvious that the jump in ES play that began last year when they added Filppula and Weal wasn't a fluke. The only change in the top 9 turned out to be swapping Patrick for Schenn, the big change has been on the 4th line. After Filppula arrived, the Flyers were 10-7-3 and outscored the opposition at ES 43-29. If the wunderkid can fix the PP, this team will score in the top ten league wide. And having a 4th line that looks to become an elite checking group that can add some offense will be an additional plus.

So it comes down to the goalies, if they're close to the league average, Flyers should exceed 100 points, if they're as bad as last year, 90-95 points and on the fringe of the playoffs.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I still think they miss the playoffs...as big of a fall as that would be. The team is just too flawed and theyre getting to the point where the good players are going to start slumping from frustration.

I think they go 3-9-2 the rest of the way.

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
I still think they miss the playoffs...as big of a fall as that would be. The team is just too flawed and theyre getting to the point where the good players are going to start slumping from frustration.

Our good players are likely exhausted from having to carry the rest of the team all damned season

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Legit possibility.

And Hakstol STILL wont get fired.

From 1st in Division in March to out of Playoffs. Unreal.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Unfortunately I think we will barely slip into the playoffs and Hak will keep his job.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
It will take a collapse of epic proportion for them to miss the playoffs. While nothing is out of the possibility, I just don’t see a team laying down that drastically. Going from first in the division to out of the playoffs in a month would be one of the biggest collapses of all time. Hak would 100% be canned in that case. The fans would demand blood.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It will take a collapse of epic proportion for them to miss the playoffs. While nothing is out of the possibility, I just don’t see a team laying down that drastically. Going from first in the division to out of the playoffs in a month would be one of the biggest collapses of all time. Hak would 100% be canned in that case. The fans would demand blood.

Hextall is so stubborn he would keep Hakstol just to spite the fans.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Columbus next 3 games: Detroit, Montreal, @ Philly next Thursday.

Philly next 3 games: Winnipeg, Vegas, Columbus.

Philly currently sits 4 pts up on Columbus. I don’t think it’s that crazy to think next Thursday will be for 3rd place

Columbus’s remains schedule after the Flyers: Ottawa, Boston, Rangers, Florida, St Louis, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Nashville.

The last wild card spot could come down to Philly or New Jersey.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
True. He wouldnt do it to spite the fans. He would do it because he cant admit he ****ed up.
giphy.gif

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad