Do the Flyers make the playoffs next year - poll

Do the Flyers make the playoffs next season?

• Total voters

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t really have faith in the top four defense as there’s a lot of room for the coaching staff to f*** that one up & not optimize it on top just not having faith in about half of them regardless of role/usage.

The top six is pretty hard to f*** up but I’m sure it won’t be for a lack of trying though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t really have faith in the top four defense as there’s a lot of room for the coaching staff to **** that one up & not optimize it on top just not having faith in about half of them regardless of role/usage.

The top six is pretty hard to **** up but I’m sure it won’t be for a lack of trying though.
Did you see those practice lines? :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Honestly, I think they have the top six and top four to cover up for a lot of deficiencies. But we’re back to also ran status, not contenders. They really need one of provorov, sanheim or ghost to become a bonafide number one, one of frost farabee or Patrick to become a gamebreaker at forward and hart (or one of our others) to be, at bare minimum, an upper third tier goaltender. We are contenders then.

If one of the dmen doesn't take a big step forward this season, I wonder if they will be in the market for Pietrangelo next summer..

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
I say as long as Hart is a brick wall we do.

Look what St.Louis did last year. Average team with a beast goalie.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
People have really jumped to conclusions with Hart. It’s kind of amazing how little scrutiny he gets from this fan base. You’d think he was prime Dominic Hasek
we're like your decent looking friend who has no luck with the ladies and never gets laid
he finally gets a girlfriend and can't stop talking about how awesome she is...don't burst that bubble, she might turn out to be a wife or the soon-to-be batshit crazy ex

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I previously voted “probably.” I was pretty optimistic, with the caveats that Hart could sophomore slump & the East is rough.

The Patrick injury is a monster blow, though. Screws up their depth, which had finally been looking good.

There also almost certainly will be a difficult start given this personnel’s history combined with learning a new system & very tough travel.

Reactions: Jtown

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I feel safe saying they will finish behind the Islanders, Capitals, Carolina and Pittsburgh in the metro.

They are not making the playoffs despite signing Stewart. Time for some more smart moves.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Currently they are 8th in the east, just ahead of Tampa.

NHL.com - Stats

If the (awful, division-based) playoffs started today:

NYI v PHI
WAS v CAR

BOS v PIT
FLA v MON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad