Do the Flyers make the playoffs next year - poll

Do the Flyers make the playoffs next season?

• Total voters

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Leafs took what could've been the best team in the league last year to a game 7. Its not their fault the playoff format is extremely disadvantageous to the Atlantic. Nothing from the Rangers or Pens series is as embarassing as losing to a a team that is considered average in what is the 6th best league in the world. https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-best-ice-hockey-leagues/

It's the preseason. How can you even manage to care this much?

For my money both those series, when it actually mattered, are far more embarrassing than a loss with a preseason roster in a meaningless setting in a completely different ice size against a team already in the swing of their season. Do you not get that? We are still sorting out what our roster is and teaching a system. Lusaunne is playing regular season games with a regular roster. For their players this game was probably a big deal. For ours, not so much, especially for veterans who (and this is league-wide) often don't give close to their all in preseason.

This isn't top ranked UVA basketball going to Hawaii and losing to Chaminade in 1982. This is meaningless.

Edit: Oh, and the Leafs were expected to win some series.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Went with “probably”. If healthy, they should be a near lock. However who knows when Patrick will return and injuries can derail any team.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If they don't then it better be because of some crazy series of injuries. This team is too good on paper to miss; the time for excuses has past.
agreed & agreed
however they were pretty good on paper last year also & there's really not too much of a pronounced difference between this year's and last year's team either [Hayes will probably produce at the level we expected out of Patrick].

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
agreed & agreed
however they were pretty good on paper last year also & there's really not too much of a pronounced difference between this year's and last year's team either [Hayes will probably produce at the level we expected out of Patrick].

It's the small changes; Bunny and Twarynski will make a world of difference if they can maintain this sort of tempo in the regular season.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Changed my vote to probably not. Team needs to show me something and to date they are hard as a soft boiled egg, Big strong forechecking teams are going to eat us alive. Sucks. I will be off the grid for at least a week. Later.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I voted "definitely" but I should change my vote to "probably".

I believe in this roster, but the coaching and management has to be making even their biggest supporters have doubts right now.

When I initially voted I assumed Hagg would be gone, Myers would be in the lineup, there would be logical lines/pairs, and that the right rookies would be up. I was too optimistic.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I voted "definitely" but I should change my vote to "probably".

I believe in this roster, but the coaching and management has to be making even their biggest supporters have doubts right now.

When I initially voted I assumed Hagg would be gone, Myers would be in the lineup, there would be logical lines/pairs, and that the right rookies would be up. I was too optimistic.
Holy shit it's so much worse than I thought.

Instead of Farabee, Frost, and Myers... we have Hagg, Twarynski, and Bunnaman.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have also downgraded to probably.

Coaching staff seems ill-prepared.

Management still enamored by try-hards.

Reactions: Striiker

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Honestly I had it as probably. My original mindset was that it was going to be a transition year while AV got the team rolling. Too many changes.

I still think it’s a probably, but it’s confidence in hart. Really that’s my hope, for the first time in a long time goal tending is going to carry us and erase a ton of issues due to adopting a new system.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Honestly I had it as probably. My original mindset was that it was going to be a transition year while AV got the team rolling. Too many changes.

I still think it’s a probably, but it’s confidence in hart. Really that’s my hope, for the first time in a long time goal tending is going to carry us and erase a ton of issues due to adopting a new system.

exactly. Hart is the only reason why one would think this team can make the playoffs.

Reactions: forzanerazzurri

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
exactly. Hart is the only reason why one would think this team can make the playoffs.
Honestly, I think they have the top six and top four to cover up for a lot of deficiencies. But we’re back to also ran status, not contenders. They really need one of provorov, sanheim or ghost to become a bonafide number one, one of frost farabee or Patrick to become a gamebreaker at forward and hart (or one of our others) to be, at bare minimum, an upper third tier goaltender. We are contenders then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad