NFL: Do the Dolphins go 0-16?

0-16?

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Obviously it's early into the year with only 2 games in the books for most teams, but this Dolphins team is setting a new standard for futility. They've been outscored an insane 102-10 through two games and the Patriots had more interception return yards than the Dolphins had total yards

This question has been asked multiple times obviously for teams that get off to putrid starts, but Miami's situation seems to be a new standard for ineptitude. The 08 Lions were bad, but that team probably could win a game or two if they didn't lose Jon Kitna early in the year. They lost like 4 games by 4 points or less, so it was certainly an element of luck on top of just being bad. The 17 Browns, while not a world beater talent wise seemed to be more of having the worst head coach in recent memory calling the shots.

What can Miami say? They have virtually nothing on both sides of the ball with the potential of more guys getting shipped out, their coach looks clueless as Patriots lackeys who get hired by other teams usually do. It seems like the recipe for disaster.

The schedule:

Week 1: 59-10 L vs Baltimore
Week 2: 43-0 L vs New England
Week 3: @ Dallas
Week 4: Vs Los Angeles Chargers
Week 5: Bye (probably will lose this too)
Week 6: Vs Washington
Week 7: @ Buffalo
Week 8: @ Pittsburgh (this dumpster fire is on ESPN for some reason)
Week 9: Vs New York Jets
Week 10: @ Indianapolis
Week 11: Vs Buffalo
Week 12: @ Cleveland
Week 13: Vs. Philadelphia
Week 14: @ New York Jets
Week 15: @ New York Giants
Week 16: Vs Cincinnati
Week 17: @ New England

The only reasonable chance for a win i see there is maybe the Giants, but even then Saquan could probably win that singlehandedly.

I can't recall a team starting this bad in all my time watching football.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They are a putrid team but Baltimore and New England are 2 of the top 3 teams in the AFC. Weeks 6-11 and 14-16 they should be able to eke out a win I'd think.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They've still got five mutts on that schedule, and who knows how good Buffalo really is. They could conceivably only play 3 more games against playoff teams, and likely no more than 5. That schedule is just too easy to go 0-16 IMO. I'd say 2 wins is more likely than 0.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
They've still got five mutts on that schedule, and who knows how good Buffalo really is. They could conceivably only play 3 more games against playoff teams, and likely no more than 5. That schedule is just too easy to go 0-16 IMO. I'd say 2 wins is more likely than 0.

This. These Dolphins are historically bad and I’d be shocked if they won more than three games, but it takes quite a bit of “luck” to go 0-16.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I have a feeling they beat the Redskins. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Bengals as well.

So I'll say this team finishes 2-14.

Oct 18, 2011
I feel bad for Josh Rosen, talk about not being positioned for any success his first two years in the league. Situation absolutely matters in the development of these prospects, why the f*** even trade for him if you're going to do this shit?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel bad for Josh Rosen, talk about not being positioned for any success his first two years in the league. Situation absolutely matters in the development of these prospects, why the **** even trade for him if you're going to do this ****?

He came into the game yesterday and immediately dropped two picture perfect dimes only to have them flubbed by the wideouts. Thought he actually looked decent. Definitely has the arm talent

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Both could be 0-13 heading into the game where the Giants have the advantage of not wanting to tank for a QB.

It'll end in a tie and both teams will finish the season winless, but not 0-16.

How's that for a bold prediction? ;)

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
it's a shame the Giants and Dolphins play each other cause I think otherwise they'd both have a shot at 0-16
aside from Saquon, the Giants have nothing going on either side of the ball.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It'll end in a tie and both teams will finish the season winless, but not 0-16.

How's that for a bold prediction? ;)
tumblr_otqdnkevih1v1zngbo3_540.gif

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He came into the game yesterday and immediately dropped two picture perfect dimes only to have them flubbed by the wideouts. Thought he actually looked decent. Definitely has the arm talent
Nearly blew up his knee too by staying inbounds trying to get an extra yard or two. Not a smart decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad