Do the Avs get over the hump this year?

Can the Avs get over the hump and make the finals?

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sorry not sorry if I have posted this before.

I think the thing that'll frustrate me the most is if they continue for yet another season to expect more from Jost and Compher. The blind spot this organization has in evaluating those two is ridiculous. Both guys are good-ish 4th liners, nothing more. Expecting them to be impactful NHL players at this point is just sheer lunacy. I sure hope that if they indeed start the season with the Avs that they do not end the season there. Enough is enough.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
They heavily depend on the 1st line dominating every series and doing all the heavy lifting, totally unrealistic expectations. Very good depth is needed to go all the way as one line cannot stay red hot 4 series in a row.

The team needs at least one legit top six forward, even then you ideally add another solid 3rd liner.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
If they split the top line, maybe put Rants or Landry on second line and give it a good stretch of time, not just a game or 3, it would help to build depth.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I think the team is a little weaker unless Newhook/Byram break out or the injuries don't pile up. Which feels unrealistic given the history of alot of our players. If EJ/Murray/Kuemper etc. are healthy come playoff time than were better off I think. I think it's impossible to say due to how much momentum plays a role in the playoffs tho. If the Avs get hot at the right time I can absolutely see them making the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad