OT: Do NOT shout out "TRUE NORTH" during anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I quoted you? Are you sure about that?

See above, my original post where I just posted in the thread, not quoting anyone.

See above your post, where you quoted my above post.

Sounds like your were the one trying to drag me into some kind of debate by originally quoting me.

I have no interest arguing anything with you or anyone else, waste of time. I post my opinion at times, as do others, if someone responds I'll respond back to them.

You like the shout out, cool. I like it also. I also defend the right of all fans to express their dissatisfaction about the poor results the team has delivered over 5.5 years. So if some group of people want to stop the shout out, throw jerseys on the ice or burn them even.....I defend that.....the nice thing about living in Canada.

Ya lets defend throwing and burning jerseys :help:
Geeze.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I don't disagree with the process or plan so much, just questioning the people that are in place to fulfill it. Is our coach the best coach for the players that Chevy is getting? Is Chevy the most capable GM? These are fair questions that need to be asked no matter how much faith you have in Chipman's plan given 6 years of the results we have seen.

And when the day comes that the coach and or GM is replaced, and all GMs and all coaches get replaced one day, it does not mean the process is wrong... it just means the people you hired are not fulfilling the goals of the organization or the process.

And as a side, I don't care if you have the best plan in the world to try a build a winner... having the worst professional goalie on your payroll for 6 seasons shouldn't be part of anyone's plan.

And that is completely fair to question those aspects, as we have yet to yield the results we want.

Here is the thing about building a team, recreating organizational depth from the ground up, it rarely goes smoothly, it does not occur seamlessly, and it’s a ticking time bomb for coaches and GM’s that start the process off.

The hard work is the losing years, the building years, when you have to sacrifice short term results for long term gains. We all want to go to heaven, few want to die to get there. AS the losses occur and the winning seems miles away, fans get upset, and when fans get upset, they usually want change in management and coaches.

This process usually sees the coach get fired, and or the GM as well, new coach steps in and reaps the benefits from the sacrifices of the previous regime, and have a big turnaround with that team’s record.

Now most fans like to believe that this coaching and GM change was the exact reason their team turned its fortunes around, but truth is that team was on the cusp of winning, after several seasons of D&D, and regardless of a new coach, or the previous coach, that team was going to improve eventually, and that time finally arrived.

Now, I believe Chipman is fully aware of this life cycle of a coach and GM in this process, and because this is the exact process Chipman wanted, he is not going to replace key people because the results are what they should be.

He will allow Chevy time to properly implement this build, and Maurice the time to develop these players, knowing that the path is right, the talent is most certainly there, and Maurice will eventually have these kids producing on a consistent bases that elevates us into a cup contender.

We are in the lean years, years that most fans feel has allowed for enough time to pass for this ship to right its course. The problem is fans are usually a couple years ahead of where the process actually stands. We see it with Chicago, 10 years of building that team into what it became, LA, 8 seasons, Detroit spent 18 years out of playoffs before they became a perennial playoff team. It takes time.

I think Chipman is willing to live with this narrative of sitting on his hands, not acting on behalf of an angry fan base, deflecting any calls for Chevy or Maurice’s head, for at least one more full season, possibly two, to allow the coach and GM that have done the heavy lifting the opportunity to reap the reward. You can call it loyalty to a fault, or just a smart owner who understands that what we are experiencing is exactly what he expected at this point in time.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
This somehow got to seven pages?

Wow. I really couldn't care less about this subject either way.

I think I will honestly make an effort to to start yelling "KNIGHTS" during the american anthem.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This topic needs a secret poll

This topic needs to be closed. We have a Chevy thread, a Maurice thread, and a Chipman / TNSE thread, and we're now rehashing everything said in those threads.

If people want to continue the conversation, do it in the thread pertinent to the topic at hand.

Chevy: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2176161
Maurice: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2165757
TNSE: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2024743

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad