Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
aw man, this again

NgDH.gif

Reactions: Ragss

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
A decade of suckage, and we'll be saved by one more high draft pick. Yeah, sure.

Good drafting and development not only in the 1st.... I'd would argue, yes
The higher the pick, the better the odds are all.

Also, I don't want it, but at this point I don't think we can catch up to make that wild card spot.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Good drafting and development not only in the 1st.... I'd would argue, yes
The higher the pick, the better the odds are all.

Also, I don't want it, but at this point I don't think we can catch up to make that wild card spot.

I lost hope in a wildcard spot, but I don't live under the dilusion that one more high draft pick will make a difference. We need competent management much more than we need another high draft pick. Sure, theoretically a high pick is better than a low one, but if the potential benefits of the pick are squandered by poor management, there is hardly any reason to be excited by the outcome of the draft.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I lost hope in a wildcard spot, but I don't live under the dilusion that one more high draft pick will make a difference. We need competent management much more than we need another high draft pick. Sure, theoretically a high pick is better than a low one, but if the potential benefits of the pick are squandered by poor management, there is hardly any reason to be excited by the outcome of the draft.

..... gatta cheer for something :)

Reactions: The Moose

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Ideally if we miss the postseason we will get a new GM that's worth a crap AND a high pick to help our club moving forward.

Reactions: Ck1 and Patch101

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hughes is a nobody. If Leon and Connor couldn't turn this around wtf is some overrated american twirp going to do here. At this point the Oilers should trade thier 1st pick in order to avoid the embarrassment of another number 1.

Reactions: fishcolator

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hughes is a nobody. If Leon and Connor couldn't turn this around wtf is some overrated american twirp going to do here. At this point the Oilers should trade thier 1st pick in order to avoid the embarrassment of another number 1.

He can actually stickhandle the puck which automatically makes him better than 95% of the roster.

Reactions: B33K33PING

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ahahaha oh man, still feels like yesterday when the Fall for Hall and Fail for Nail threads were up.

And the teams barely even better

Relative to peers, it's probably worse. Many teams in the league were heavy and slow still back then, less focus on puck moving D. We missed the memo of a league wide shift and are way behind the curve now, more than ever before.

It's remarkable how poor this org's GM pick was. They went all in on an outdated idea and picked the perfect architect to follow the plan straight down the toilet. We're like blackberry still trying to sell the masses phones with a physical keyboard. Lowe, MacT, Howson and Nicholson all believed the keyboard was still wanted, and hired the biggest genius mini keyboard maker to lead the team for their next phone! Success was all but guaranteed because they were going to be able to put the worlds fastest processor and RAM inside of it.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Don’t want a Russian seen how oilers do with Russians

Nationality has nothing to do w/ our picks. Heiskanen, Dahlin, Pettersson would all be fantastic Oilers at this point

The common theme amongst our picks is low IQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad