Do Habs have to trade up for Esposito?

Bourque7799

Jun 1, 2006
New England
I think hes going top 10, so I would assume the Canadiens would have to trade up, but there is a chance he would slip to them at 12

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
yes espo will not be falling past 8, im pretty certain the bruins will be taking him.. and perron could be taken at 22 pretty easily..

im giving it an e4.......... ahahahah

emb24*

why would the bruins take him when they are stacked at center -? i guess to spite the habs..lol..

yes habs will have to trade up - the 'canes want him too

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think they'll have to make a move. It's been said Carolina has talked to him at least 3 times so there is real interest there. If the Habs really want the guy they'll have to make a move.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
why would the bruins take him when they are stacked at center -? i guess to spite the habs..lol..

yes habs will have to trade up - the 'canes want him too

why wouldnt the bruins want to take him? yeah they have savard, bergeron and kessel (who can play the wing too), but esposito isnt going to be up in the nhl for a few years i dont think

not only is espo an excellent player with star potential, but didnt someone else by the name of esposito once dress in a bruins sweater? hah, if the kid supposedly has no heart, putting on his uncle's old jersey has to do something for him..

plus management has to think about the fans, the people in boston want esposito bad and yep you've got it.. to spite the habs, it almost seems to perfect for espo to end up in boston

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
why wouldnt the bruins want to take him? yeah they have savard, bergeron and kessel (who can play the wing too), but esposito isnt going to be up in the nhl for a few years i dont think

not only is espo an excellent player with star potential, but didnt someone else by the name of esposito once dress in a bruins sweater? hah, if the kid supposedly has no heart, putting on his uncle's old jersey has to do something for him..

plus management has to think about the fans, the people in boston want esposito bad and yep you've got it.. to spite the habs, it almost seems to perfect for espo to end up in boston

Since when has Boston ownership and management ever thought about the fans? They're not about to start now. They won't take Esposito.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I think they'll have to make a move. It's been said Carolina has talked to him at least 3 times so there is real interest there. If the Habs really want the guy they'll have to make a move.

Very true. However, Carolina is also VERY interested in Brandon Sutter and there have been whispers they're looking to move up themselves with him as the target. Sutter is climbing the draft board very quickly after his dominant performance at the combine and Carolina likes the bloodlines. Esposito at 11th is a backup plan for sure, but they would likely broker a deal with Montreal for the right to draft him. I think the interest in their position is based on knowing that Montreal is a slam dunk to want him. I'm not sure its genuine. In fact, i'm almost sold on the fact that its a smoke screen provided they can't get up to take Sutter. If they can't, they'll trade down with Montreal and if Montreal has already jumped them, they'll jump down to the bottom of the round for extra picks. They're not sold on many that they couldn't have a potential shot at later in the draft.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

As a habs fan I just hope that boston will pick him, I just hope the habs don't pick high risk prospects like him this year. And if I'm not mistaken, he has nothing to do with with tony and phil esposito...(I say that because of the uncle thing you said above)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Apparently the Bruins and the 'Canes are both very interested in Esposito, so it's hard to imagine both of them passing on him so that Montreal can take him...but like everyone says about this draft, who knows.

emb24*

timmins is quoted as saying habs want D and centermen and are looking to 'hit a homerun' in other words, a high risk / reward pick.

sounds like espo or couture if they can get one. they also have interest in the american dman Cross at 22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad