Do coaches get involved in cap number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Does the cap include coaches salaries and their staff? I'd imagine not, but with head coaches now commanding $1 mill+ figured I'd ask. Same with GM's I guess. What does the NFL do for coachs?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
you can't cap the salaries of anyone in management. there's no such union to negotiate this proposal with. if the NHL did that, i'd think there would be some major league lawsuits on the way.

enjoy the electrical show tonight? :)

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
kingsfan said:
Does the cap include coaches salaries and their staff? I'd imagine not, but with head coaches now commanding $1 mill+ figured I'd ask. Same with GM's I guess. What does the NFL do for coachs?

No they do not, and I think you'll see coaching salaries begin to rise. It's one way fro the bigger revenue teams to gain an advantage.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
jericholic19 said:
you can't cap the salaries of anyone in management. there's no such union to negotiate this proposal with. if the NHL did that, i'd think there would be some major league lawsuits on the way.

enjoy the electrical show tonight? :)

Why not? The NHL can institute a cap whether there`s a union or not. The same arguments the pro-owner fans had in favour of a cap for players would apply here too, but they`ll never admit. When owners want to squeeze every last cent out of the fans that they can then it`s all right. If coaches and management want to make as much money as they can then it`s all right. But when a player tries to make as much money as they can these fans scream " GREEDY! GREEDY!"

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
No they do not, and I think you'll see coaching salaries begin to rise. It's one way fro the bigger revenue teams to gain an advantage.
Doubt it. There are about 5 coaches worth paying more for and the rest and pretty much interchangeable.

abracanada

Aug 29, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:

That is a very good point, and one I hadn't considered. I have always thought changing management/coaches was one of the best ways to improve a team.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
reckoning said:
Why not? The NHL can institute a cap whether there`s a union or not. The same arguments the pro-owner fans had in favour of a cap for players would apply here too, but they`ll never admit. When owners want to squeeze every last cent out of the fans that they can then it`s all right. If coaches and management want to make as much money as they can then it`s all right. But when a player tries to make as much money as they can these fans scream " GREEDY! GREEDY!"

The NHL cannot institute a cap without a union, because they would run afoul of antitrust law.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
If you're asking what the other leagues do, unless I'm wrong

The NBA includes only players
However the NFL includes everyone relating to the on-field football operation. However for cap purposes NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
abracanada said:
That is a very good point, and one I hadn't considered. I have always thought changing management/coaches was one of the best ways to improve a team.
Chagning coaches is usually the case of "downsizing the blame" to an easy target. Usually it's a combination of things beyond the control of the coach, including player personnel, the responsibility of management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad