Do any of you boys have a career in corporate security?

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I'm a data analyst for a major tech company. I literally "crunch the numbers" to help the company make better decisions, including security. Cheers! :cheers:

Reactions: Kevs Security

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I'm a data analyst for a major tech company. I literally "crunch the numbers" to help the company make better decisions, including security. Cheers! :cheers:
Sweet my man! It's safe to say you are part of the corporate security gang now! Cheers to you. :cheers:

Who's here to hear some wicked awesome stories about my life as a Corporate Security Investigator? It's a busy and adventurous life out here brothers. Don't be afraid to ask fellas, I'll gladly tell you some stories and experiences. Maybe some of you will become fine corporate security fellas yourselves!:thumbu:

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
How do i join?
By being passionate about Corporate Security. You don't really have to be an official corporate security fella like me. All newcomers are welcomed with open arms. In this club we are having fun and learning stuff about corporate security world. Maybe some day you'll be a pro like me. Chase your dreams and fly free my friend. Welcome to the gang!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
As a Corporate Security Investigator, it's my job to investigate things that could possibly harm the corporation's security. Being a Corp. Sec. Fella is not the easiest path towards glory, but I'll get there someday.

Last edited:

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
You could work security at nhl games!
That's the dream right there. Thank you. Some day I'll do it. Investigating all around hockey arenas, searching for potential terrorists. Then stopping them. It goes without saying, I've managed to prevent so many security threats... Never had a single "thanks Kevs" for my efforts. Because the nature of my job is classified. Nothing ever becomes public. I eliminate the threat before the public gets to know about it. I'm like a silent killer, anonymous super hero. And a recovering alcoholic. Cheers to that.

-Kevsy boy.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Corporate Security fella here. Ask me anything!
I have limited tech experience but I have trained in multiple martial artist disciplines such as judo, jujitsu, Greco Roman, kempo and recently krav maga. Do you also need shooting classes for this job as well? I also have a black suit that is made from flex fabric so it doesnt tear if I grapple inside of it, not even the jacket.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
When I turn 21 I am going to be picking up extra jobs literally moon-lighting as a security out in front of nite-clubs or maybe perhaps even gentleman's clubs actually which would be pretty fun and I'm sure there would be even more opportunity to throw down especially for a good cause for pervert men who dont know that no means no or who do groping in the no-grope zones, theres laws against that and I would have literally zero problems being a first responder to those types of situations, responding with extreme prejudice right at the addams apple or right into the "family jewels" lol

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I have limited tech experience but I have trained in multiple martial artist disciplines such as judo, jujitsu, Greco Roman, kempo and recently krav maga. Do you also need shooting classes for this job as well? I also have a black suit that is made from flex fabric so it doesnt tear if I grapple inside of it, not even the jacket.
I'm no stranger to guns. Been practicing my shooting skills for a while now. Too bad the situation at my work place is unbearable as it is. After some minor inconveniences and stuff I've been assigned to work in Corp Sec offices. This means I'm searching for some slanderous posts concerning our Corporate and clients on Twitter. For example if there's a funny guy doing a parody of our company's (I work in Media) more famous employees, I have to go in and threaten this dude to stop humoring his followers. If he doesn't I'll call Twitter and make the account disappear. This is not what I signed up for and I'm leading a boring life now. I want to see some fieldwork action like back in the days but my employer doesn't trust me with that kind of stuff anymore.

But yeah your resume looks promising and it isn't a bad thing to know how to shoot. I want a suit like that too!

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
When I turn 21 I am going to be picking up extra jobs literally moon-lighting as a security out in front of nite-clubs or maybe perhaps even gentleman's clubs actually which would be pretty fun and I'm sure there would be even more opportunity to throw down especially for a good cause for pervert men who dont know that no means no or who do groping in the no-grope zones, theres laws against that and I would have literally zero problems being a first responder to those types of situations, responding with extreme prejudice right at the addams apple or right into the "family jewels" lol
You seem like a guy with good principles. I started my career doing jobs like that. Not all heroes wear capes.

-Your Corp Sec mentor Kevs

Sep 19, 2008

Sounds like noted Chicago native Mr. T.

It was at this time that he created the persona of Mr. T.[13] His wearing of gold neck chains and other jewelry was the result of customers losing the items or leaving them behind at the night club after a fight. A banned customer, or one reluctant to risk a confrontation by going back inside, could return to claim his property from Mr. T wearing it conspicuously right out front. Along with controlling the violence as a doorman, Tureaud was mainly hired to keep out drug dealers and users.[14] During his bouncing days, Tureaud was in over 200 fights and was sued a number of times, but won each case.[15] "I have been in and out of the courts as a result of my beating up somebody. I have been sued by customers whom I threw out that claimed that I viciously attacked them without just cause and/or I caused them great bodily harm as a result of a beating I supposedly gave them," Mr. T once remarked.[16]
He eventually parlayed his job as a bouncer into a career as a bodyguard that lasted almost ten years. During these years he protected, among others, sixteen prostitutes, nine welfare recipients, five preachers, eight bankers, ten school teachers, and four store owners.[17] As his reputation improved, however, he was contracted to guard, among others, seven clothes designers, five models, seven judges, three politicians, six athletes and forty-two millionaires.[17] He protected well-known personalities such as Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Michael Jackson, Leon Spinks, Joe Frazier and Diana Ross, charging $3,000 per day,[18] to a maximum of $10,000 per day, depending on the clientele's risk-rate and traveling locations.
With his reputation as "Mr. T", Tureaud attracted strange offers and was frequently approached with odd commissions, which included assassination, tracking runaway teenagers, locating missing persons, and large firms asking him to collect past-due payments by force.[19] Tureaud was once anonymously offered $75,000 to assassinate a target and received in the mail a file of the hit and an advance of $5,000, but he refused it.[20]

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
You seem like a guy with good principles. I started my career doing jobs like that. Not all heroes wear capes.

-Your Corp Sec mentor Kevs

I've been looking to switch career paths into some sort of line of work that you and Vick have been describing.

I currently work as an IT supervisor for a large tech firm but looking for something less demeaning like corporate security. I'm a little on the short side but I'm very nimble and have quick hands. I'm working to lose about 23 pounds to hit the optimal weight range for my height. I have no formal martial arts training but I have trained in Hap Ki Do (in Japan it's called Aikido) by watching YouTube videos. Do you think Hap Ki Do is relevant discipline for your line of work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad