Dmytro Timashov: Appreciation Thread

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Im not going to pretend to know this.

Does this player become a cap casualty when Dermott and Hyman return?

What has to happen for him to stay on the roster?

I dont pay attention during the ads that CBC calls intermission, but my ears perked up when they stated there are some difficult decisions upcoming.

Reactions: Hustlr

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Man he played an outstanding game against Boston. I thought the team in general got dominated last night, and were extremely lucky to win, but Timashov was a big time bright spot, competed so hard out there.

When we’re fully healthy, only one of Timashov/Shore/Spezza/Petan will have a spot on the team. If Timashov keeps playing like this, the spot is his.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Man he played an outstanding game against Boston. I thought the team in general got dominated last night, and were extremely lucky to win, but Timashov was a big time bright spot, competed so hard out there.

When we’re fully healthy, only one of Timashov/Shore/Spezza/Petan will have a spot on the team. If Timashov keeps playing like this, the spot is his.
Real competition can be fun.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Im not going to pretend to know this.

Does this player become a cap casualty when Dermott and Hyman return?

What has to happen for him to stay on the roster?

I dont pay attention during the ads that CBC calls intermission, but my ears perked up when they stated there are some difficult decisions upcoming.

Don't know for certain how many extras the team will be able to carry. If the answer is only one, the decision boils down to defenceman or forward. If it's a forward, centre/winger versatility may become a factor. He's younger (still has future RFA status) and counts for less against the cap in comparison to some of the other options that are also on the bubble. I believe waiver eligibility evens the playing field entirely.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Yup.

Wasn't full of confidence with all the young and new guys, but every single one of them is turning out great.

And that is definitely taking some pressure off the Dubas cap challenges....
Will we be able to keep them next year though? I assume we won’t be able to afford Mikheyev

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good for Timashov to prove me wrong. I wouldn't say I gave up on him, but I was a little down on him. He has played with a lot of tenacity and physicality.

Reactions: Hustlr and kb

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Timashov is a tough cookie, no body really expected this kind of tenacity and toughness from this kid. He has worked him and has earned his spot and not because of any other factor

I really hope he continue this good work and keep on improving his skill level and in time he is going to be a regular on this roster. You do not expect the 4th line to score but they already have chipped in some crucial goals and Timashov is a big part of it. You do not expect him to score but he already has chipped in 4 points in 6 games with his hard work and hustle, but we should not expect that kind of production from a 4th line winger (that's 55 points for a season). As long as they they shut down the opposition lines I am pretty content with it and so far they have done a reasonable job

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I remember reading some interesting articles about timashov when we drafted him. Pretty sure he was called "nitro" or something along those lines.

Happy to see him play well. Maybe his intensity will rub off on a couple of our stars.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Will we be able to keep them next year though? I assume we won’t be able to afford Mikheyev

That's a good problem to have, well if he prove that he is better then either of Johnsson or Kappy then you trade either one of them and keep Mikheyev

Reactions: Hustlr

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Oh so that cap thing doesn’t effect who we can and can’t keep ?
Yes. Glad you actually are aware of that fact. It's the cap that will effect who we keep and who we don't. You keep the best players under the cap that you can, and send the rest packing.

Now why would you send him packing if he is clearly superior to other players like say, Johnsson or Kapanen? If you have to sign him for $4.5 million, you trade away one of those 2 for either futures, prospects, or immediate help.

Not rocket science, you keep the best and trade the other.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Timashov may have laid down some wildly unrealistic standards (especially with 9 hits in the last game) for his future performance.

There are several ways non-long term NHLers perform in their early NHL games. One is them struggling to keep up with the pace: not an issue here. Another is looking like they belong immediately then a gradual decline each future game: not the case thus far here. Another is looking like a wrecking ball brave player doing everything asked of them then one nagging injury eliminating that part of the player's game: still a possibility at this point, it isn't easy playing the way he has been playing.

Regardless he should be rewarded until his performance becomes a consistent net negative. This is what the team needs from its league minimum support players.

Reactions: Jeypic

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
That's a good problem to have, well if he prove that he is better then either of Johnsson or Kappy then you trade either one of them and keep Mikheyev
It will be Melander on the blocks, book it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It will be Melander on the blocks, book it.
Priorities next year:
Sign Muzzin.
Remake right side D.
Dependable back up goalie like a Halak.
Another forward who is hard to play against in top 6.

That takes dollars.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
There is lots of time in between now and then, so I will leave it at that
one would think after that train wreck of a season last year he would come out guns a blazen

sorry, i don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad