Dmytro Timashov: Appreciation Thread

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
c9543f84-7d4d-4103-be39-98b9ed3752d8-crop-c0-5__0-5-980x550-70.jpg

The kid is a champ. Glad we have him. I see a bright future!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I've been waiting for Tima for years. I loved the late pick back in 2015.

He's the perfect example of a skilled guy who would not make the big club due to the other skilled guys in the Top6. He didn't sulk.

What did he do? He developed his game (similar to Kap & Mango) to be effective at other parts of the game. He perfected it with the Marlies for last couple years and it earned him a spot up here.

On a bigger note, I'm so happy with the development of our guys down in the Marlies. From Keefe on down they have done a great job developing our picks and players.

With how heavy we are up top, we're gonna need cheap talent like this to fill out the lineup. I hope Tima stays all year. I'd send Shore back to Marlies if I had to choose between the two.

Welcome to the NHL, Nitro! You fiesty beaut! What a first NHL goal!

nq5o13a3imt31.jpg

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Although I'm not a huge advanced stats guy, I remember when we picked him, back in 2015, there was an article analyzing his underlying numbers during the 2014/15 season, which showed that he was pretty damn good in most areas measured. I had a good feeling about him since.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
He’s been great and looks like another guy who can move up the lineup at a good cap hit for a couple of years. I really like the potential of these young depth guys we have here. Mikheyev, Moore and Timashov all look like they can play in the top 6 soon enough.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Although I'm not a huge advanced stats guy, I remember when we picked him, back in 2015, there was an article analyzing his underlying numbers during the 2014/15 season, which showed that he was pretty damn good in most areas measured. I had a good feeling about him since.

What? You couldn't just wait, watch, and allow an eye test to make your mind up?

Are you a computer or from the future?

Reactions: Eye Test

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What I love, just like Moore last year, nobody really had him cracking the team. These are the type of adds that will make the Dubas strategy succeed, cheap young players that actually make a big impact.

This Leafs team excites me, gritty guys with skill.

Reactions: CincoHolio and kb

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The kid’s been good and I really like him and GOAT on the fourth line.

Very physical despite his size and beauty goal tonight. I really hope he sticks I loved him as a marlie especially last year and think he’s even better this year with his added physicality.

Anyways, discuss.
Dymtro Timashov is my life.

horner

May 22, 2007
glad he scored but him getting involved physically was a treat.
some of our others players need to follow.getting involved physically.

Reactions: 67leafs and kb

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Kids great. Definitely big surprise at camp for me. And his physicality is not something I expected at all. That's the style of love. We don't need to have a team full of guys that fight, but you need guys who finish their checks and he does that and does it well. Shaping up to be a fixture on the 4th line this year. Timashov-Gauthier-Moore at full health.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He has shaped his game so effectively to what the team needs from him. I had pretty much written him off before the year, but he just keeps surprising.

Best game of his career last night. Great 1st goal.

Reactions: Nylander88

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The guy's been quite impressive physically. Hopefully he can keep it up, stay healthy and get comfortable in his role.

Reactions: 67leafs

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I will fully admit I was wrong about this kid. I was certain the only reason he was kept was the fact that he would have to clear waivers to go down.

Good job Timashov. Now keep it up.

Did not know his father was a Russian National wrestling champ. He seems to have his dad's core strength.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
love our bottom six forwards this year. Mikheyev and timashov have been standouts, gauthier and moore have improved and are playing great and kerfoot is looking like the better piece in the barrie/ kerfoot package

Yup.

Wasn't full of confidence with all the young and new guys, but every single one of them is turning out great.

And that is definitely taking some pressure off the Dubas cap challenges....

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Russian Tank, at least that’s what I called him when he was drafted due to his size-5’10 and 198pounds. Then someone told me he is Swedish.
Have to give credits to Keefe for developing kids, Kap, AJ, Moore, Goat, Dermott, Holl and Nitro are all very good bottom 6 and bottom 2 players with upside to middle 6 and Top 4(except Holl).
The other thing is that none of them are going to be 40goals and PPG player it they are all solid enough to be good NHLers.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There will be a Thread like this in two years about Adam Brooks. I don’t think most fans have a very good idea about this kids drive and ability to be a leader. I’ll just like it when it comes out how good he is becoming. I like that he is way under the radar but watch him this year with the Marlies.

Tima was never ever predicted to be the kind of player we are seeing. He was all skill. Complete package now with consistency in his game every shift. Good player.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
We have to stop looking at these guys as one-off surprises, this is just what our pipeline is like now. There's going to be Timashovs and Mikheyevs next year and the year after. Tampa does the same thing where they constantly have unknown AHLers coming up and dropping 40 point seasons out of the blue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I figured he’d get an NHL shot, because he is a good player.

Wasn't sure it was going to be with us, but glad it is

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
There will be a Thread like this in two years about Adam Brooks. I don’t think most fans have a very good idea about this kids drive and ability to be a leader. I’ll just like it when it comes out how good he is becoming. I like that he is way under the radar but watch him this year with the Marlies.

Tima was never ever predicted to be the kind of player we are seeing. He was all skill. Complete package now with consistency in his game every shift. Good player.
I'm huge on Brooks too buddy. I hope you're right. In other news, Marlies in 10 mins. Going for 6-0. What a start, eh!

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I remember watching the draft board in 2015 and wondering how in the **** Timashov and Conor Garland both fell to the 5th round. Now it looks like both are likely to carve out solid NHL careers. Really cool to see

Reactions: Kurtz

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We have to stop looking at these guys as one-off surprises, this is just what our pipeline is like now. There's going to be Timashovs and Mikheyevs next year and the year after. Tampa does the same thing where they constantly have unknown AHLers coming up and dropping 40 point seasons out of the blue.
Almost like Dubas and co. know a thing or two about drafting ;) (Hunter did too honestly)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad