Prospect Info: Dmitry Zavgorodniy: 2018 7th round, 198th overall

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Don't know any of these prospects from Adam, but numerically speaking somehow this guy seems more promising than the other ones.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He reminds me of Vladimir Tkachev, the kid Edmonton tried to sign a few years back.

IMO He plays gritty and highlights show he's a real bulldog at times in chasing the puck (like Backlund) into the dirty areas but not physical like a Lomberg or Bennett in puck protection or to try and get the puck. He protects the puck with stick work like a guy like Gaudreau who doesn't rely on his body to defend the puck. I think he's similar to the same styles as Phillips and Dube maybe?

Seems interesting. Let's see if it translates.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I thought he'd get a bump for being the 2nd fittest Flame for Prospects.
That's excellent for Dmitry, being a Draft year player and that fit.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Yea, always nice to be in shape but sometimes even more encouraging to be ultra talented but outta shape.

At least he takes training seriously

Reactions: Volica

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I suspect that if this kid wasn't Russian, he would have gone in round 4 or 5. But the Russian factor is real, like it or not.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I suspect that if this kid wasn't Russian, he would have gone in round 4 or 5. But the Russian factor is real, like it or not.

The stigma is real. I don't know if the supposed "factor" is real. What are the stats on Russian players coming over and then leaving for the KHL, or refusing to come over?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The stigma is real. I don't know if the supposed "factor" is real. What are the stats on Russian players coming over and then leaving for the KHL, or refusing to come over?
significantly more than other nationalities

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I really liked him in the prospects game. He stood out for me on a few rushes, which is impressive given his age compared to a lot of the guys there.

We were really hoping he was gonna score so the PA announcer had to say his name. Came pretty close in the third.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Only 5'9" and under a ppg in the Q. Not sure if enough upside for the bigs? I don't know him at all though.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
After two goals tonight made me curious about this kid, looked up his eliteprospects page.

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #90 by ISS Hockey
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #86 by Future Considerations
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #152 by Hockeyprospect.com
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #94 by McKeen's Hockey
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #69 by NHL Central Scouting

Seems like a pretty good value pick at the end of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad