TSN: Dmitry Orlov's name coming up in trade talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I’ll write ‘Orlov’ on a shoe and you can have that instead.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Orlov and Ekholm aren't very similar in terms of value. Ekholm still has 3 years on his contract at 6.25 Mil and is a year older. They are both extremely durable and each have multiple seasons with 80+ GP. If Nashville trades Ekholm then Orlov should be on their radar if he makes it to free agency. He could be a valuable communication asset if and when the Preds turn to Askarov in net.

aerovette99

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
It would definitely make sense for the Caps to pull the chute on the season and trade off assets to gain some picks….. but I don’t get the impression they will.

Orlov seems like a good candidate to sign back there in the offseason, so they’d really only ne losing him for 20ish games (other than the fact they’d increase the chance they miss the playoffs, but I think they’re headed that route regardless).

Gotta think 1st + B prospect at minimum.
Orlov will go for more than a 1st and a b prospect. I think Hathaway could land a 1st. Any 1st we get will be a late round so we'll see. We have a LOT of UFA's and I am not thinking ANY of them are worthy of resigning right now. After the season, perhaps, but we will have a LOT of money to pick-up free agents that could help us retool instead of a complete rebuild. Trade them all away and dump Mantha. Let the kids play ( maybe they'll play like they did in December). If we squeak into the playoffs, awesome, if not, we will have the money to go out and get some younger, faster guys PLUS, we'll load up Hershey for the future. This doesn't have to be painful.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Big fan and would love to see him on the Island but, we lack the assets and unless the Caps are truly out of it come deadline day he doesn't get moved. Great 8 will be back and be on a mission after his father's passing. Doubtful that ownership/management doesn't support him trying to drag the team into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad