Prospect Info: Dmitry Kuzmin - 82 overall - LHD

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd say by round 2 or 3... anyone disappointed should probably stop pretending they watched more tape or scouted these guys more. Known fact nobody has talked to any of these guys so yeah.. the pretending to be a draft expert at this point... it seems ridiculous to question the Jets scouts who have done quite well with drafting

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kuzmin was slated to go in the upper 60's-70's in the draft so the fact we got him at #82 makes this another great selection by Winnipeg. He has a lot of work to do over the next few years. I grade this pick a B+

Rankings
Ranked #42 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #165 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #91 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #73 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #72 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #83 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #63 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #93 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #59 by SMAHT SCOUTING

He works give-and-goes from the point, reads hands-offs, fills space, and stays low when activated -- an offensive zone possession extender. There’s no locking to the point -- he skates down the middle or down low when the puck comes to the point, then he dips behind his man and cuts inside. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Interesting pick. Skilled smaller LHD. Likely a ways out. Think hes going to Flint next year. That will be a good spot to gauge where he's at.

Says he is a "commit" of the Firebirds.

Firebirds commit Dmitry Kuzmin has not yet suited up for the Firebirds, but the beginning of his NHL career is here. The Winnipeg Jets selected the left-handed defenseman out of Kholstovo, Belarus with their 3rd round pick (#82 overall) in the 2021 NHL Draft Saturday.

Dmitry Kuzmin Selected in the Third Round (#82 Overall) of the NHL Draft by the Winnipeg Jets – Flint Firebirds

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Personally I'd stay away from smaller defenseman, as NHL teams are trying to stock up on big strong talented defenseman. You have to have the strength to handle these big forwards in the corners, and clear the front of the net. I hope he works out for the Jets though.

Reactions: Channelcat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad