Confirmed with Link: Dmitry Kulikov signs for 2 years, $2.25m AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Goligoski has the 10th most points of his draft class, the year of Ovechkin, Malkin, Wheeler.
8th in games played. 7th in assists.

I agree. He had almost as many points last year as Soucy has in his career.

Goligoski in 1067 minutes at even strength 15 points
Soucy in 707 minutes at even strength 17 points

Probably doesn't help your argument to point out that Soucy did that while paired with 8 point Ian Cole while Goligoski spent his season playing with 27 point Jakob Chychrun. Would you rather discuss who's better in their own end?

Good job on pointing out that a 36 year old player has been in the league a long time though.

Reactions: MNState0fHockey

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Wouldn't it be better to compare Goligoski to Suter and Kulikov to Soucy? I'm not going to pretend to have watched a lot of Kulikov but judging by these numbers it looks like Kulikov played better last year, is cheaper and plays better in his own end.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Soucy is better than Goligoski

Goligoski was playing 23 minutes a night last year and was their top pair guy on a train wreck of a team, he can probably fill soucys skates pretty easily minus the size.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Excellent signing for value. Kulikov can play nice in 2 pair. Great for PK.

He's a strong underevaluated domestic def. Tough to play against. The type of guy who with age became better.

Who watch hockey, not stats, will love him much.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kulikov was one of the few bright spots on the New Jersey blue line last year and earned a raise. Wild fans will like the physical edge he provides; while also adding occasional bursts in the transition game.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I would have rather had the money help pay for a capable center myself....

No capable center was available that would sign here for a single year though. This team isn’t going to be able to afford external improvements at center past this season. Got to hope Rossi and Ek step up and perform as Top 6 centers.

If Goligoski truly had a handshake agreement to sign an extension at ~$2M AAV, then having Kulikov + Goligoski next season for $4.25M total will really help with Fiala’s extension (hopefully…).

Ive got to analyze our cap again, but I think the team might be able to make things work if they send out Zucc next season. I’m hoping Dumba wants to be here long-term & signs his next extension at a discount too. Would be great to find a way to keep Dumba and Fiala through the dead cap. Any FA center acquisition is a pipe dream at this point.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
No capable center was available that would sign here for a single year though. This team isn’t going to be able to afford external improvements at center past this season. Got to hope Rossi and Ek step up and perform as Top 6 centers.

If Goligoski truly had a handshake agreement to sign an extension at ~$2M AAV, then having Kulikov + Goligoski next season for $4.25M total will really help with Fiala’s extension (hopefully…).

Ive got to analyze our cap again, but I think the team might be able to make things work if they send out Zucc next season. I’m hoping Dumba wants to be here long-term & signs his next extension at a discount too. Would be great to find a way to keep Dumba and Fiala through the dead cap. Any FA center acquisition is a pipe dream at this point.

I meant that more generally but thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad