Confirmed with Link: Dmitry Kulikov signs for 2 years, $2.25m AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Still allocating a lot of money to the blueline, which was always a problem around here apparently, only now it’s a lot worse.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I mean thank f*** we didn't want to give Menell a shot for cheaper. Why potentially have a mediocre 3rd pair defenseman when you can guarantee one for more money?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Man I was nervous it was gonna be 3 years 10m or something. If he can play solid defensive hockey next to Addison until ROR or Lambos is ready, this is a decent deal.

Also glad we got Kirill a Russian to play with. Perhaps I’m being sentimental, but I think we should have done it last year.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
The Wilds problems have been forwards turning the puck over, centers that can’t win a draw, and before last year horseshit goaltending. The blue line has been pretty solid in my opinion.
Pretty solid but being paid to be "carry the team" good. And now we're spending just as much for a worse crew. Like I'm trying not to get all worked up about a couple mid- to bottom-pair defensemen but this whole saga has just been comically mismanaged.

Reactions: MNState0fHockey

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Way back in the day I proposed a Scandella for Kulikov trade as they were both breaking into the league, Fla fans laughed and said not even close. How things progress through the years is crazy. He did show some very good skills when he entered the league, who knows, we have had some reclamation projects work out pretty well over the past few years. He’s not the worst player to bet on, I liked his skill potential if he can manage to find his game again.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Way back in the day I proposed a Scandella for Kulikov trade as they were both breaking into the league, Fla fans laughed and said not even close. How things progress through the years is crazy. He did show some very good skills when he entered the league, who knows, we have had some reclamation projects work out pretty well over the past few years. He’s not the worst player to bet on, I liked his skill potential if he can manage to find his game again.
My main concern with Kulikov for 2 years is health, but other than that I think he's been a pretty reliable bottom-pairing player for a few years now. Whether he can play at a $2m+ level... I'm skeptical of that one, but I guess I won't rule it out either. It's not a discount, but if the other blueline deals today are anything to go by discounts are few and far between.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Kulikov should add some beef alongside Addison on the 3rd pairing. Wouldve preferred a bit cheaper AAV, but compared to what other defensemen are getting in the UFA market, its hard to complain

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
My main concern with Kulikov for 2 years is health, but other than that I think he's been a pretty reliable bottom-pairing player for a few years now. Whether he can play at a $2m+ level... I'm skeptical of that one, but I guess I won't rule it out either. It's not a discount, but if the other blueline deals today are anything to go by discounts are few and far between.
He’s kind of a hard player to judge, he has played on some truly bad teams/situations for much of his career. The Buffalo taint is hard to overcome it seems, though, coincidentally, Scandella did manage it and solidified the Blues a bit.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
It's a solid signing. Nothing to plan the parade on, but nothing to fire anyone over either. Exactly what we need right now - and I feel he hasn't really been able to show his best recently either, what with all the injuries he's suffered and organisational dumpster fires he's played for.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Put him with Spurgeon and let Goligoski mentor Addison. I feel like almost everyone plays well with 46

Brodin - Dumba
Kulikov - Spurgeon
Goligoski - Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->