Confirmed with Link: Dmitry Korobov signs with Atlant Mytishchi (KHL)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With Korobov going back to Russia as expected we need another defender for Syracuse so hopefully this gives Aulie another shot to stay in the organization.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Korobov would have been a great NHL defensemen in the dead puck era. He's too slow for today's game.

Guys on this board were reporting he was only good in Syracuse when he had a consistent, solid partner. Looking forward to see what our younger, fleeter footed D can do with the Crunch.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
With Korobov going back to Russia as expected we need another defender for Syracuse so hopefully this gives Aulie another shot to stay in the organization.

We have 7 with

Cote
Koekkoek
Nesterov
Sergeev
Blujus
Dotchin
Witkowski

Sustr might be pushed down too due to his contract if we add another D today.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We have 7 with

Cote
Koekkoek
Nesterov
Sergeev
Blujus
Dotchin
Witkowski

Sustr might be pushed down too due to his contract if we add another D today.

Rather have Aulie then Cote. Most of those player's will be in their first or second season Aulie will add a little experience plus I think he still has some potential.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
on korobov even crunch put it out on twitter so yes he is going to russia.

Now by my math we have 2.133 left right now and must sign connolly and panik to team they both need to stay up. Capgeek has us sitting on 20 without those two guys and we can put kucherov down till ohlunds money would clear etc.. and that puts us over the 20 man limit thing.

I cant figure out any other way to handle the situation?

Now can we IR ohlund and lose his money before oct 1st or can someone explain how it all works or does stevie really need these two guys at under 2.1 so dont have to lose anyone?

sustr also will not count on cap cause he can go down be brought up when can use ohlunds money etc..

p.s. adding kucherov is put down for 20 man roster his 711 doesnt count and with connolly panik up we will be at 20 so we need them signed under 2.8 total that is a breeze for STEVIE!!!!

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
on korobov even crunch put it out on twitter so yes he is going to russia.

Now by my math we have 2.133 left right now and must sign connolly and panik to team they both need to stay up. Capgeek has us sitting on 20 without those two guys and we can put kucherov down till ohlunds money would clear etc.. and that puts us over the 20 man limit thing.

I cant figure out any other way to handle the situation?

Now can we IR ohlund and lose his money before oct 1st or can someone explain how it all works or does stevie really need these two guys at under 2.1 so dont have to lose anyone?

sustr also will not count on cap cause he can go down be brought up when can use ohlunds money etc..

julien-brisebois.jpg

Robert,

Please give me a call when you have a chance so we can figure this out together.

Regards,

Julien

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Aulie over Cote is a mistake at the AHL level. Cote provides a huge amount of leadership to the young team in Syracuse. In an ideal world, he clears waivers and is paired with Koekkoek to give the kid guidance. The thought of pairing Koekkoek with Sustr at the AHL level scares the heck out of me. Sustr apparently plays a good game at the NHL level but his play at the AHL level makes Korobov look like Paul Coffey.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
A much needed change of scenery. His selection has Crunch "best Defenseman" last year was the biggest joke of the season. It is pretty bad when an entire building goes "WHAT" when his name was announced. I hope he finds his game in the KHL. If not, it was an interesting two years in the AHL.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
A much needed change of scenery. His selection has Crunch "best Defenseman" last year was the biggest joke of the season. It is pretty bad when an entire building goes "WHAT" when his name was announced. I hope he finds his game in the KHL. If not, it was an interesting two years in the AHL.

Hope you're ready for new faces. Blujus, Dotchin, Koekkoek, and Ikonen is a lot of talent added to the lineup. Also a very real possibility that one/both of Kucherov and Sustr end up in Syracuse. Excited to see what the kids can do up there.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Definately ready for new faces, that is what the AHL is here for. Not a fan of Korobov or Sustr when they played here. I have previously mentioned my reasons several times so I am not going to beat that dead horse here. There is some grumbling on syracuse.com that the organization is not helping the Crunch, but I see the exact opposite. There is plenty of time to negotiate with the vet AHL players who might help the Crunch, we just need a little patience.
After last year's fiasco, there is no way the Tampa organziation tanks the AHL two years in a row. Goaltending and D are young but very talented. Couple of forwards would help. Just got to keep the faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad