Dmitrij Jaskin

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Goes to show how far ahead the NHL is on the KHL if Jaskin is their leading scorer.

Reactions: tgh

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't think that offense will translate if he comes back. But he's always been a decent defensive forward. Can play a checking line role.

Reactions: Muffinalt

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i am a firm believer in bring in bodies/players and let them sort themselves out via competition in the training camp

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
He's been described as a minny Hossa but how that transcribes to the NHL is another thing. I would like like to see him at training camp to see if he has improved since his 1st time around. The Blues may have just rushed him too quickly the 1st time around.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
His weakness was always his skating but he's a solid bottom 6 option that can play higher in the lineup when needed. He's a fine option as long as he's not asking too much.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
His weakness was always his skating but he's a solid bottom 6 option that can play higher in the lineup when needed. He's a fine option as long as he's not asking too much.

No, no and no. Don't want anymore guys whose weakness is their skating. Strome, Boquvist, Pirri (yes my guy Pirri) and so on.

I want guys that can fly and will get to net front on both ends. Those are really my only requirements to go with Kane, Toews, Cat, Saad, Kubalik, Murphy, Dach, Carpenter, Maatta and Keith.

Give me 10 guys in that mold, trade Gus, Strome and Lehner, try to resign Crawford for reasonable $/term

Put in an aggressive forecheck to take advantage of the skating along with a quick regroup and go, shoot the puck because you KNOW someone will be in front.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
No, no and no. Don't want anymore guys whose weakness is their skating. Strome, Boquvist, Pirri (yes my guy Pirri) and so on.

I want guys that can fly and will get to net front on both ends. Those are really my only requirements to go with Kane, Toews, Cat, Saad, Kubalik, Murphy, Dach, Carpenter, Maatta and Keith.

Give me 10 guys in that mold, trade Gus, Strome and Lehner, try to resign Crawford for reasonable $/term

Put in an aggressive forecheck to take advantage of the skating along with a quick regroup and go, shoot the puck because you KNOW someone will be in front.
Boqvist's skating is not a weakness.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He is not fast and lacks mobility, particularly when skating backwards.
Skating is the limiting factor in his game.
i didn't know the limitation of Boqvist's skating skills to put it mildly. but i remember the last game where he was beat on the outside ...... the opponent just took him wide and he couldn't keep up.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I will take a middle ground on Boquist on his skating. His speed is not problematic overly and it is certainly not a strength either. It is merely that his speed is OK - not a strength nor a weakness. If it hedges anywhere from say average, his speed now is a stitch below average - not a problem at all. Playing speed depends on positioning, recognition speed reaction time, and skating. For Boquist, with experience and confidence, his positioning, recognition speed and reaction time will improve and so going forward, I see zero issues with his playing speed.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I will take a middle ground on Boquist on his skating. His speed is not problematic overly and it is certainly not a strength either. It is merely that his speed is OK - not a strength nor a weakness. If it hedges anywhere from say average, his speed now is a stitch below average - not a problem at all. Playing speed depends on positioning, recognition speed reaction time, and skating. For Boquist, with experience and confidence, his positioning, recognition speed and reaction time will improve and so going forward, I see zero issues with his playing speed.
excellent point.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
i didn't know the limitation of Boqvist's skating skills to put it mildly. but i remember the last game where he was beat on the outside ...... the opponent just took him wide and he couldn't keep up.

Do you mean the first goal?
He wasn't beat on that play at all, he kept Chytil well to the outside as he should. Lehner simply let in a weak goal from a bad angle.

If you mean Kreider's goal, well he's one of the fastest skaters in the league. It's gonna happen to everybody.

Reactions: Giovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->