Dmitri Orlov

amnesiac*

could be a steal for the Caps as teams were probably avoiding him because of the KHL. Now that he could be along the likes of Ovie and Semin he may want to stay.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Apparently he had no intention of coming to NA next season, but it seems like he quickly changed his mind after being drafted.

National Hockey League (NHL) - Hours after the NHL Entry Draft Dmitri Orlov (Washington Capitals) replied to the questions made by Soviet Sport correspondant.

"I'm really happy to be picked up by a team with many Russian players" - he said after the selections. "I still have some problems with the language, but the guys will help me".

**What are your future plans? Will you spend a further season in Novokuznetsk?**

I need to talk with my agent. But I want to play in the NHL. To achieve that, I'm ready to play for their farm team in Hershey.

**Why Washington drafts so many Russians?**

Because they are the world's best players: Ovechkin, Semin, etc. In the American capital city they love Russian players!

**Is it true that Patrick Roy invited you to play in the QMJHL?**

Yes. My agent told me that at the start of the last season they wanted me in the Remparts. But I didn't want to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad