Confirmed with Link: Djoos to Anahiem for Daniel Sprong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I find all the wrestling references tiresome. That's usually when I check out. It's all to Pittsburgh stereotype for me.
Since you chose to praise the Penguins board on the Capitals board, I feel it's now only fair to point out the following:
You know Sam, far be it from me to negatively critique the performance of a mod, HOWEVER this past TDL was your first at the helm of this board and I must say that the afternoon shutdown of the HF boards which we experienced that day never occurred during the tenure of Goon or Calicaps. Just an observation on my part. Otherwise, you're doing a heckuva job Brownie!:thumbu:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Since you chose to praise the Penguins board on the Capitals board, I feel it's now only fair to point out the following:
You know Sam, far be it from me to negatively critique the performance of a mod, HOWEVER this past TDL was your first at the helm of this board and I must say that the afternoon shutdown of the HF boards which we experienced that day never occurred during the tenure of Goon or Calicaps. Just an observation on my part. Otherwise, you're doing a heckuva job Brownie!:thumbu:

We have to get out of our bubbles. It would be like only watching Fox News and not getting the other sides of things.

Let me be clear though I HATE, with the power of a thousand suns, any team that plays in Pittsburgh. It comes from my hate of Mario "Mr. Entitlement" Lemieux, who wouldn't put on the Pens jersey at the draft, and continues with Sidney "Mr. Entitlement Jr." Crosby.

As to the server issues on trade day, yes it was all me:

giphy.gif

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Pens board is actually really good filled with knowledgeable fans and really good hockey discussion, one of the best on this site.
Dunno about "best" or even "good" but there are a few clever ones there, yes. What I find funny and fitting is that one of the worst posters there is a Mod.

However, that stupid Ovenchicken and steroid crap is ridiculous. I know when people here call Crosby "Cindy" (which isn't often thank god)
This I agree with. It's dumb and I'm glad most Caps fans no longer use it.

The only thing I find of value over there, is that they are good at gifs.

It's also entertaining to see how bipolar they are ..much like some of us.
To be fair, this is all true as well

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Huh, I thought it'd be Philly. Most of the guys I know still see them as the biggest rival/worst fanbase/etc.

Once we won the 4th and 5th Cup it made Philly irrelevant. Plus we’ve generally dominated them since the 2012 series which was downright fun regardless of how it turned out.

Boston is one of those teams that plays a specific game that frustrates our core, there has been insane cheapshots on both sides over the last few years and of course 2013 is probably the low point of the current roster.

Not to mention their fans are literally the worst fans in the world and for those Pens fans that follow Steelers, they have also crushed them in football. So even when we beat them in hockey, they brag about that BS.

Tell us your secrets..

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Once we won the 4th and 5th Cup it made Philly irrelevant. Plus we’ve generally dominated them since the 2012 series which was downright fun regardless of how it turned out.

Boston is one of those teams that plays a specific game that frustrates our core, there has been insane cheapshots on both sides over the last few years and of course 2013 is probably the low point of the current roster.

Not to mention their fans are literally the worst fans in the world and for those Pens fans that follow Steelers, they have also crushed them in football. So even when we beat them in hockey, they brag about that BS.

Tell us your secrets..

I would have thought the low point of this current Pens roster would have been getting swept by Barry's 2 goal per game Isles last year, no?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I would have thought the low point of this current Pens roster would have been getting swept by Barry's 2 goal per game Isles last year, no?

Nah. Sucked, but they got what they deserved just like 2012. It also allowed management to go away from the “Tom Wilson is scary” thought process and build back what actually worked. A team predicated on speed and skill.

2013 was an extremely close series and was largely caused by inept coaching by Bylsma.

We were essentially as good as the Blackhawks that year in terms of record and Bylsma’s roster decision completely neutered us.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Lol

Tbh it was pretty much the Braden Holtby show. Ever since he started regressing they've been better against us

It’s funny BOS, PIT, and WAS are the relatively most successful teams in the East over the last ten years and we are all each other’s weak points.

At least we can bond over the fact Boston fans blow and their leadership core are a bunch of cheapshot artists. Oshie, Ovie, and Wilson don’t try to hide behind Chara every time they do something borderline like the majority of that Bruins squad.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It’s funny BOS, PIT, and WAS are the relatively most successful teams in the East over the last ten years and we are all each other’s weak points.

At least we can bond over the fact Boston fans blow and their leadership core are a bunch of cheapshot artists. Oshie, Ovie, and Wilson don’t try to hide behind Chara every time they do something borderline like the majority of that Bruins squad.

<----------------------------

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

5c5dc0d68f23ce855310ccf9b6c43e47.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This thread has taken a turn for the weird and we’re not going to turn into a thread to bash opposing fan bases. Djoos can be discussed in the Around The NHL thread and Sprong can be discussed in the Hershey thread. Anyone from any team can discuss the players in those threads as long as the conversation remains on hockey.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Since winning trades has been a topic of discussion of late, I'm going to go out on a limb on this one and say the Capitals won this trade. Original thread has been locked for sometime, as it evidently had gone south in the discussion (shocking I know).

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
For a second there... I thought we just got Djoos back for Sprong lol...

Reactions: 895

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I remember rooting for Sprong in Anaheim for to make the Pens look bad at development, got off to a decent start there. Pens got Petterson in exchange who was great until he got paid :D

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sprong is on the Connelly track it appears. One more season under contract, then he can move on via free agency, get a good paycheck and turn back into a pumpkin

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sprong is on the Connelly track it appears. One more season under contract, then he can move on via free agency, get a good paycheck and turn back into a pumpkin

actually he’s a RFA after his next and last contract year. So we have him at least 2 more years, but yeah, same arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->