Confirmed with Link: Djoos to Anahiem for Daniel Sprong

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh hasn’t had a home grown developed Dman since Maata and they cut bait with him. The other two are Letang and Dumoulin. They have always needed to either sign or trade for defenseman.

I just think it’s silly for people to be mad about this deal. Djoos has zero future with this team and it’s BMac doing him a favor while taking a flyer or a low risk, high reward player. Carberry is a new school coach and one that will make sure Sprong plays a defensive game. His whole system is based on team defense because they don’t have the offensive firepower to play otherwise

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
epwak2vo0j801.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Do any of us swarm and post on Pens board like guys like this do here?

Serious question. It’s a little “we are in their head” stuff, IMO. Personally, I’m never on Pens board. But that’s just me
I rarely post on another team's board but I do read them and would strongly encourage folks to read their GDT from Sunday's game. They really don't like the Capitals (especially Wilson and Oshie) as well as our fan base. Not surprising but it did make me laugh and shake my head while reading some of the comments.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I rarely post on another team's board but I do read them and would strongly encourage folks to read their GDT from Sunday's game. They really don't like the Capitals (especially Wilson and Oshie) as well as our fan base. Not surprising but it did make me laugh and shake my head while reading some of the comments.

LOL, I did read it also and here are my takeaways:

Ovi is a "Grape Ape" who does nothing but hit high and from behind.
They hate Oshie's face and think he's fake tough and dirty.
When Tom Wilson scores on them, they become severely depressed.
They miss Hags, mainly his hair.
When Malkin walked Carlson, that was better than actually winning the game for many of them.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Djoos to debut for Anaheim tonight against Edmonton.

I don't really expect to see Sprong in a Caps jersey outside of pre-season games but hopefully he can help Hershey and maybe clue into what will make him an effective NHL bottom sixer.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Djoos played well. Much better than Mike Green that’s for sure.

I think we will regret dumping Juice in the long run. His career development was temporarily set back by his injury but he seems back on track to be a really solid 5/6 NHL player. His game, calm with the puck, solid breakouts, are exactly what the Caps missed most of this year.

Just a friendly reminder, he took a regular shift on a Stanley Cup winner. Now try to imagine Jensen doing that. At double the salary.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I think we will regret dumping Juice in the long run. His career development was temporarily set back by his injury but he seems back on track to be a really solid 5/6 NHL player. His game, calm with the puck, solid breakouts, are exactly what the Caps missed most of this year.

Just a friendly reminder, he took a regular shift on a Stanley Cup winner. Now try to imagine Jensen doing that. At double the salary.
It did help that he was paired with Orpik.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
A fairly soft 5/6 LD is about the least regrettable loss they could have in the system. Hershey might feel the impact most but it at least opens more PP opportunity for Nardella and others. The Caps coaching staff didn't trust him and he wouldn't have been qualified/retained in the off-season. One can maybe quibble with not getting a late pick back compared to Sprong but both had cleared waivers and likely wanted fresh starts. It happens.I wish him the best and think he can be a fine third pair type but he didn't really take that next step needed. He had an injury to recover from and it's also hard to become altogether confident as an offensive type without a real PP role but I don't think the skill level and agility are/were altogether there. He's got some tools that will play, mainly upstairs, but not to the point he's no doubt going to be a steady NHLer. He can play but the shortcomings still make him fringe. He could put it together and have a long career but it would require another level of confidence/development that wasn't going to happen in DC.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Nardella immediately lessened the Djoos loss by scoring last night to continue his hot streak. They could afford to lose Djoos in Hershey with Nardella's production and PP time. It also opens the door to Fehervary and Alexeyev to gain more PP time and continue their offensive development. Right now Hershey has Fehervary, Alexeyev and Nardella down the left side with LuJo returning and Wittchow playing well. They also have Bindulis and Hammond in SC if they have another injury or two.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's odd to me how quickly they cut bait. It seems like he went from top-rated prospect to the doghouse and traded in no time at all, and it's especially weird to me seeing as a top six scoring winger to play with Sid or Geno has always been a position of need for the Pens.

I know he got hurt which probably stunted his development but did he and Sullivan clash? I can't imagine they gave him up for MP just because they were dealing from a position of strength to a shore up a position of weakness.

He’s just got no IQ. Can literally only create individually.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
This is a fair trade. Gives Djoos an opportunity to play at the NHL level and gives Caps a player who has shown NHL level talent but needs to improve his attitude and ability to play a two way game.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

There is no one they hate losing to more than the caps. Wilson scoring against the was about as good as it gets. And yes they Caps fans with a passion.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Oh did they finally move on from "Ovenchicken"? Pitt fans immaturity is one of the few things I actually like about them :laugh::laugh::laugh: (but only because it's good for a laugh)

Pens board is actually really good filled with knowledgeable fans and really good hockey discussion, one of the best on this site. I go there all the time.

However, that stupid Ovenchicken and steroid crap is ridiculous. I know when people here call Crosby "Cindy" (which isn't often thank god) I immediately delete the reference. We have to be better and so should they.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pens board is actually really good filled with knowledgeable fans and really good hockey discussion, one of the best on this site. I go there all the time.

However, that stupid Ovenchicken and steroid crap is ridiculous. I know when people here call Crosby "Cindy" (which isn't often thank god) I immediately delete the reference. We have to be better and so should they.

Ugh....no thanks.....gross....need a shower now.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Oh come on now. Nothing wrong with making up derogatory names for rival players and teams. As long as its not super demeaning or downright wrong.

I actually like the name Ovenchicken. And I hope someday we can be as creative as making up Grape Ape :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Terrible.

To each their own I suppose. I didn't say anyone else had to go there. :laugh:

Oh come on now. Nothing wrong with making up derogatory names for rival players and teams. As long as its not super demeaning or downright wrong.

I actually like the name Ovenchicken. And I hope someday we can be as creative as making up Grape Ape :laugh:

I just don't get them, like they don't make sense. Does Ovie like to eat or cook chicken? Is he fond of grape juice? :dunno:

Anyway, way off the topic here, sorry guys.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

"Know thine enemy". ;)

Seriously though, injury stuff, line combos, it matters to me. I've been on the Jets board this week too.

And sorry but they do have some really knowledgeable posters there who love to talk hockey, outside of the Leafs I would bet it is the sub forum with the most traffic. I will say since the Cup win, I don't go there as much as I used to if that helps.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

They can call him Ovenchicken all they want, as long as it's roast penguin in the playoffs. Preferably at the hand of the Caps. :naughty:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The only thing I find of value over there, is that they are good at gifs. It's like they took a master class from Ginger Papa.

It's also entertaining to see how bipolar they are within the span of a single game, much like some of us.

I find all the wrestling references tiresome. That's usually when I check out. It's all too Pittsburgh stereotype for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->