Confirmed with Link: Djoos to Anahiem for Daniel Sprong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Djoos is lose.

Meh. Probably weakens Hershey but seems like Djoos wanted a fresh start.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Weakens Hershey's D core slightly. The emergence of Nardella and Wittchow being a pleasant surprise allows this to happen. Sprong will be a welcome addition to Hershey's forward group.

Hershey (Sprong) plays WBS (Barber) in the battle of the former players on Saturday in Hershey

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The Caps obviously think very little of Djoos's future. I would have liked to have seen him get another shot up here this season.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
Does Sprong have any sort of future with the Caps? Only 22. Former 2nd rounder. But with his third club now.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The Caps obviously think very little of Djoos's future. I would have liked to have seen him get another shot up here this season.

This. I get Djoos limitations, he's not a crease clearing bruiser. But he's steady with the puck, skates or passes out of pressure VERY well, and that is honestly the Caps current D biggest weakness right now. He looked fully recovered (finally) from having his thigh filleted open last year whereas last playoffs that was not the case. Felt like he could have been solid depth for the SC Playoffs this year but apparently the Caps think Siegs and Fever are sufficient.

Won't forget he skated a regular shift when the Washington Capitals WON THE STANLEY CUP... Or that TJ Oshie once traded an old man a Djoos is Loose Tshirt and gave it to Juice.

TO4MNrBr.jpg

oshie-djoos-shirt-trade.jpg

djoos-loose-caps.jpg

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Siegs could easily be sent down during the playoffs, if Hershey is still in it. Caps have a LOT of D.

I've always liked Sprong's game, and he can easily play 4th line for the Caps if need be. This was your basic "D for F" deal. Now they needed to do the same w LuJo, pretty surprised that they didnt
Thought the same. One of two things, LuJo has no trade value at this time - which I doubt is true, two the organization still believes in LuJo and don't want to give up on him just yet, which seems more feasible. Djoos has three years on LuJo and both have had their injuries.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Does Sprong have any sort of future with the Caps? Only 22. Former 2nd rounder. But with his third club now.
He's just about 23 but it does seem like he's been around longer than that.

He likes to shoot...and that seems to be about it. He would need to up his pace and intensity considerably to become a Connolly type. I'd rather have a late round pick but if they think there's something to work with then it's sensible enough. They don't really have any scoring-line wings at the AHL close to ready so that has some near-term potential value. I wouldn't expect much of anything like a reliable all-around game, though, so hard to figure he'll manage to carve out a bottom six career absent a real turnaround in mentality/approach.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Thought the same. One of two things, LuJo has no trade value at this time - which I doubt is true, two the organization still believes in LuJo and don't want to give up on him just yet, which seems more feasible. Djoos has three years on LuJo and both have had their injuries.

For AHL depth, arguably a higher top end if he ever gets it together, and the fact that he’s going to (likely) resign for less $ than Djoos makes.....combined with others in the pipeline.....they’re just not selling low on Lujo.....but I do doubt he has much value today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->