Dubbie Kerr, Adam Graves, Wilf Paiement

Lionel Hitchman (C) - Bobby Orr
Hod Stuart - Larry Murphy
Doug Mohns - Fern Flaman (A)
Ott Heller

Johnny Bower
Hugh Lehman

Coach Bowman will finalize it, but this GM imagines:

PP1: Krutov - Fedorov - Makarov - Murphy - Orr :)
PP2: Kharlamov - Lach - Gilbert - Mohns - Stuart

PK1: Walsh - Gottselig - Hitchman - Orr
PK2: Backstrom - Litzenberger - Stuart - Flaman
PK 1/2 on the fly: Krutov - Makarov (historically 1st, 2nd in Soviet PK time)​

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Should be a good series.

I feel like I have the advantage with my 1st, 3rd and 4th lines. My defense, I believe is among the best in the entire draft, if not number 1 overall. Goaltending advantage to the Millionaires also, IMO. Broda was absolutely clutch come playoff time. I feel like my team has some of the better special teams in the draft as well.

Providence will have their advantages in the form of their 2nd line and coaching. And they have the top player overall in Orr.

Both teams have a lethal 1st unit PP.

All in all though I think Vancouver should win. Superior defense, goaltending and offense as a whole, even if Providence can do some damage offensively as well. Bowman would have his work cut out for him for Providence to come out ahead, IMO.

Looking forward to seeing what others think.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Superior defense?

The Reds' defense was the first one completed in the draft. The 7th dman is better than one of the 2nd pairing guys on the opposition!

The scoring, speed and chemistry are Providence advantages.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Hitchman with Orr is not so bad IMO.It's not ideal, but not so bad.He is very strong defensively and physically, which is what is needed with Orr.Then again, I had Hitchman on my 1st pairing last year, with Shore.People apparently didn't like it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I also disagree that Vancouver has the best blueline in the league; you cannot have the best blueline in the league without a strong #1 defenseman IMO.Yeah sure, on paper, it can look great, but in actuality it's missing a franchise D there half the game dominating.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Hitchman with Orr is not so bad IMO.It's not ideal, but not so bad.He is very strong defensively and physically, which is what is needed with Orr.Then again, I had Hitchman on my 1st pairing last year, with Shore.People apparently didn't like it.

Hitchman is a 3rd pairing guy in a draft this size.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I also disagree that Vancouver has the best blueline in the league; you cannot have the best blueline in the league without a strong #1 defenseman IMO.Yeah sure, on paper, it can look great, but in actuality it's missing a franchise D there half the game dominating.

Chris Chelios isn’t a strong number 1 defenseman? I get that he doesn’t dominate like a Doug Harvey or a Bobby Orr and he isn’t the flashiest out there, but he is without question a franchise D in an ATD. Arguably a top PKer of all-time as well.

Gadsby-Chelios has to be among the best pairings in the draft, without question. And Ebbie Goodfellow has to be one of the stronger number 3 guys as well.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Chris Chelios isn’t a strong number 1 defenseman? I get that he doesn’t dominate like a Doug Harvey or a Bobby Orr and he isn’t the flashiest out there, but he is without question a franchise D in an ATD. Arguably a top PKer of all-time as well.

Gadsby-Chelios has to be among the best pairings in the draft, without question. And Ebbie Goodfellow has to be one of the stronger number 3 guys as well.

No he isn't.There are 20 teams in this ATD, and Chelios is IMO at best the 10th best D of all-time, possibly lower.Clearly, this means he's not a ''strong'' number 1 defenseman, though he's not a ''weak'' one either.

I'm not saying your defense is bad, it is very strong, but to be the best blueline requires a bit of a ''extra'' that only an elite #1 can give you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->