Divisional Semi-final - Portage Lakes Hockey Club vs. Quebec Bulldogs

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
Time to finish off my side of the comparisons:

Coach:

Arbor vs. Trotz:

Arbor is one of the best coaches ever, he was the coach of 1 of the best dynasties in NHL history. Trotz, on the other hand, is a top coach of today. Leading the Caps to a Cup last year and this year doing wonders with the Islanders. I think he'd do well with Gretzky. The type of player Gretzky is I could be the coach and Gretzky would still do well. Still you have the advantage here with Arbor.

Special teams

PP 1: Blake-Gretzky-Bossy-Clancy-Tremblay
vs
PP1: Olmstead - Ullman - Geoffrion - Potvin - Duncan

We have 2 solid powerplay units here. Gretzky and Bossy are going to be magic together. You have Boom Boom Geoffrion and Potvin on yours. I'll ask what kind of playmaker was Ullman? You'll need 1 with Geoffrion. Either way it's an advantage to me because of Gretzky and Bossy.

PP 2: Goulet-Francis-Amonte-Ragulin-Cook
vs
PP2: Leclair - Savard - Pitre - Roenick - Park

You have really sold Pitre in this series, good on you. Having Brad Park on a 2nd PP unit is awesome and will def work to your advantage.

PK 1: Westfall-Jarvis-Savard-White
vs
PK1: Klukay - Curry - Potvin - Ramsey

I think our 2 PK's are both good. When I picked Westfall I picked him because of his great PK reputation so that might help me but with the talent on the PK's here both units will do quite well.

PK 2: Brindamour-Starshinov-Ragulin-Clancy
vs
PK2: Prentice - Lepine - Park - Reardon

See above comments about the PK's.

As to our extras I think that we drafted extras that will be able to step in and play if need be but won't make much of a difference either way.

Final Thoughts:

This should be a good series, I really like your team, @Namba 17. It's a good team and it's to bad we drew 1 another in Round 1 but may the best team win. Thanks for the good debate as well.
Thank you, tony, for your participation!
Good luck to you and may the best team win!

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Re: Pitre

Sometimes I think that using a percentage-based method over a spread of seasons (something like VsX but for a 2-3 season stretch rather than just 1 season) would produce better results for the real old timers.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Re: Pitre

Sometimes I think that using a percentage-based method over a spread of seasons (something like VsX but for a 2-3 season stretch rather than just 1 season) would produce better results for the real old timers.

Just ripped out the numbers for 1919 to 1921 (Pitre's last 3 good seasons). Did this relatively quickly, so I may have missed a player or two.

He was 14th in scoring, 55% of 1st place Newsy Lalonde and 64% of 2nd place Smokey Harris.

Here's the 13 players who were ahead. Newsy Lalonde, Smokey Harris, Frank Foyston, Frank Nighbor, Joe Malone, Tommy Dunderdale, Cy Denneny, Jack Darragh, Eddie Oatman, Reg Noble, Corb Denneny, Alf Skinner, and Cyclone Taylor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->