E0ED82B0-B01C-4769-A998-E1FA9E9D937F.jpeg

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Poor start in the 1st, we were pretty passive
Came back strong and got the lead in the 2nd
Defended the lead professionally in the 3rd

Great to win a division title, we've certainly deserved it

All that's left now is to rest up and get ready to give a massive effort in the playoffs and go on a run

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
In the playoffs I think in general it will be important to get an early lead on Montreal so they can't just go into clog mode. But it was nice to see we can earn a come-from-behind win if needed.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Battled through wobbly pucks in the first period and a half but got steadier as the game went on. Offense was hard to generate for both teams tonight for the most part.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Coming back to beat the Habs on a Saturday night to clinch the division.

With Hyman Foligno and Nash set to take the team to another level ... man you have to go back to the Burns days to feel this good about this team.

Warm weather BBQing and Leafs Habs in the playoffs boys! It's gonna happen!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Very satisfying. Hopefully someone remembers Petry's crosscheck of Kerfoot's face and the dirty knee on Mikheyev and makes him pay in Rd 1.

I would sign Gary Roberts to a one day contract to say hello to Petry.

Reactions: Pinto

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
The win is good and all but I didn't think we played well at all. The Habs were aggressive on the puck and therefore won alot of puck battles. Their zone entries were easy and so were their puck retievals. We tend to back up too much in our Dzone and give up too much space at the point allowing too much puck movement. We did not skate attacking tonight, more reactionary instead of being proactive. I know it was a nothing game somewhat but don't take things for granted. Sid and McDavid always have compete in them no matter what the circumstance, That's why they are the best.

Reactions: tonymono67

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Soupy improves to 17-2-2, Mitch pots #20, Engvall scores in his third straight, Nylander extends his point streak to 7 games.

Lots of positive stats from the win. Most importantly it feels good to finish the Montreal series on the winning end before playing them first round. The Leafs can really crush this team if they bring their A-game with a healthy lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->