Post-Game Talk: Division Champs boys

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-5-8_21-46-57.png

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Ship it.

Stay healthy and coaches must watch the video. I notice a few cross check "hits" from this Habs team. The usual subpar Canadian North reffing

Also, their PP activates Weber often, need to be aware of that when we meet.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Montreal's first 10 games: 7-1-2
Rest of the season: 17-20-7
Has been the case for at least the last 6-7 years straight. We like to call ourselves the perennial October Cup winners. This year October just happened to be January. Funny enough, the moment February hit, we went downhill, just like every other November!

Reactions: leafsfan5

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Engvall has done enough to take a spot over Brooks imo.
No question. I like PE in the line up no matter that he has scored in the last few games. He is a better skater bigger body with defensive awareness. Brooks is small, doesn't do anything exceptionally, gets knocked off the puck easy and does not win board battles.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs came out flat and played one of their worst first periods in quite some time. Never ceases to amaze me how this team always finds a way to win no matter the adversity.

I'm glad Campbell keeps winning, that way he will start game one in the playoffs no matter what. Andersen won't take over unless he plays poorly or is injured. Still, I'd rather have Andersen be back-up than Rittich or Hutchinson ANY day of the week.

The only critique I have is about their powerplay. They are what, 0-30 in the last two months on home ice? They have home ice advantage, they can't sputter along at that dismal pace and expect to get through tougher opponents. Might be able to do it against Montreal, but not better teams.

Oher than that, feels good to be a Leafs fan right now.

First place clinched in the division, the final two games are meaningless in terms of the standings. I hope they give younger players more ice time, don't overwork your work horses.

I can't wait for the playoffs! Go Leafs go!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TBT to the days when people thought the Habs were taking the division because of Josh Anderson.... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad