Distant Thunder

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Has anybody else been more distant?? Greetings from McMurdo Station in Antarctica.

Attachments

• distant thunder.jpg
    distant thunder.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 5

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Going purely by distance I think @Callum beats you. But you can argue you're more remote.

If we can find any Tampa fans from Perth or Jakarta they might be the most distant.

Reactions: Fan from AK

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I've rocked my bolts gear all around the world. I think the furthest from Tampa was Japan. But I also live in Vancouver. I'll post some pictures from Japan when I wake up.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
It would be interesting to hear how you folks that are distant thunder became Lightning fans.
I'm not distant. Fifty miles from Amalie.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It would be interesting to hear how you folks that are distant thunder became Lightning fans.
I'm not distant. Fifty miles from Amalie.
Wasplaying hockey,when I was kid tried ti watch NHL but it was not so exciting cuz I never supported some of teams. 7 years or 8 years ago watched Wsh-Pit play off series,supported Ovi and co,they lost but I thought that it was fun,and fhat next season i will give NHL one more chance,than next season i decided to watch 5 games 5 teams at one day Washington with Ovi,Stl with Tarasenko,Florida (!!) With Dadonov,Tampa with Kuch,and one more I dont remember. First game I watched was Ovi. It was fun but i felt nothing than I watched Tampa,Stamkos Kucherov Namestnikov they did some crazy things on ice and I felt in love, and I never watched other teams cuz I felt that for this team heart starts bumping faster. Distant Thunder from Norway :)

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I know someone on Twitter who used to comment on Raw Charge ~13 years ago who's from Porto Alegre, Brazil. If you don't know where in Brazil that is, it's in the very southeastern corner just to the north of Uruguay.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Going purely by distance I think @Callum beats you. But you can argue you're more remote.

If we can find any Tampa fans from Perth or Jakarta they might be the most distant.
It is a 5-hour C-17 flight away from Christchurch, NZ. McMurdo is on the other side of Antarctica. As the crow flies from Tampa, we are almost as farthest away on the continent. Antarctica is bigger than the lower 48 of the USA.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It is a 5-hour C-17 flight away from Christchurch, NZ. McMurdo is on the other side of Antarctica. As the crow flies from Tampa, we are almost as farthest away on the continent. Antarctica is bigger than the lower 48 of the USA.

It's funny. Yesterday after seeing your post Facebook had a reel of a young lady answering the question of if you could go outside into Antarctica with just regular clothes on. To her credit she went outside lasted 10-15 seconds or so, hopped around laughing (probably trying to stay warm) before she had enough. She mentioned something about -80 degrees (I don't know if it was Celsius or not) the sun just came up (I think she said for the first time in 6 months) and you'll have frostbite in under 5 minutes. Might've actually been at McMurdo.

I kinda wish I'd have saved it but que sera, sera on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad