Dissapointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Is anyone else dissapointed with the lack of competition this year? I've never seen a tournament so easy to predict, or one with so many underacheviers.

I have only watched the Canadian games, but they have embarrassed every team they faced. Russia was obviously nowhere near their level of previous years. Even Finland looked terrible. The Czechs were awful in both games and are lucky to have only been outscored 12-3.

This tournament is usually hotly contested and the games between the top countries are usually right down to the wire. Canada hasn't felt any pressure yet and that may hurt them if they need to really earn the win against the US.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I am somewhat disappointed that none of the games Canada played were really close, but I'll take a gold medal over that any day. (Note, I'm not jumping ahead of myself, I'm just saying :))

As for the other games... I've only seen two others: Czech Republic vs Slovakia and US vs Finland. Both were close and the latter was excellent IMO.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Well everything didn't go as planned, Finland did better then most expected and obviously people thought that Russia would win gold or finish the tournament with at least a medal, but that never happened.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Russia is full of talent as every year IMO, but simply there wasn't chemistry.

How a team with Ovechkin, Malkin, Semin and so on can't take a medal?

BTW USA and Canada were the two favourite since the beginning, hope for a good final.

Stidi

Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Well the 2003 draft was a extremely strong one for nort-america and i think its showing in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad