Online Series: Disney's new online stream and Marvel shows

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
So with everyone bringing/buying back their IP's and owned products, we're going to be ending up with a situation similar to the age of cable where we have to pay a multitude of providers for their unique products.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So with everyone bringing/buying back their IP's and owned products, we're going to be ending up with a situation similar to the age of cable where we have to pay a multitude of providers for their unique products.
Sad but true...ugh.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Then they’ll all be up in arms on why everyone is being driven back to Pirate Bay.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

It's happening already with Netflix, Hulu, various streaming sites. History is repeating itself.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm wondering with the initial popularity of Movie Pass, could a studio like Disney make a combined subscription package where you get access to their service plus a certain amount of tickets to Disney movies in a month.

Movie Pass was clearly popular, but unsustainable as a third party. Disney though would have the clout to set terms with the theatres to mitigate their costs, and could use the interest in a program like that to drive their subscriptions into their service.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Speaking with THR, Kevin Feige compared Marvel’s new Avengers-focused programming for Disney Play to longform “campfire” stories that wouldn’t necessarily work on the big screen.
Well, it’s not a hundred percent complete yet, so there’s only so much I’m allowed to say, or so much they even tell me. But Paul [Greengrass] mentioned the streaming service, and I think that is something that we’re going to be adding content to, which is exciting. I love your analogy with the campfire, right? As many people as you can get around the campfire and tell stories. Campfires can be different: We are going to tell stories for the streaming service that we wouldn’t be able to tell in a theatrical experience—a longer-form narrative, that’s what comics are, it’s about as longform a narrative as exists. But also maintaining that theatrical experience, which is our bread and butter, and the lines around the block, if you’re lucky.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->