Disney+ Canada : $3/month price hike

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I mean, even without Star, it was inevitable with the production line of new content coming.

Right now I split the package with three others, for $90 a year. After tax it works out to around $25 for each of us. I think it’s worth the new hike to $120, as long as you’re a Marvel/SW fan. The Disney collection is, ironically, gravy.

Now add in Star, which will provide some decent films from the looks of it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Now we won't know if #CancelDisneyPlus is trending because of angry Gina Carano fans or angry Canadians. Clever, Disney.

16826857.jpg

Last edited:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
It's a pretty extensive list of content, so, I don't mind the price hike.

That said, I've been a little surprised at how little I've used Disney plus. Occasionally, there's a movie on there the kids want to see, and we've been watching Wandavision, but, other than, it's been pretty light on content.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
"Star" is supposed to have a lot of content (including PG14 and up) so shouldn't be an issue at all. The good thing w/ D+ is the movies and shows will always be on there whereas Netflix has titles come & go.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
there is an on-line streaming battle and it will be interesting to see what happens

The content on the Finnish version of Star is such that some of my friends are going to cancel some of their other streaming services. Several shows spread over multiple services that they can now find all on Disney+.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
The content on the Finnish version of Star is such that some of my friends are going to cancel some of their other streaming services. Several shows spread over multiple services that they can now find all on Disney+.

There's always that one show that will make you want to subscribe to a different service. lol

For my family it's Your Honor on Crave Canada & also on Showtime in the U.S.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Stars was added yesterday and ya I like the extra content. I started watching the Marvel series Hellstrom.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How is it? The critics weren't kind.

When I get some free time I'm going to check out The River. I watched an episode or two when it first aired. Bad acting, but somewhat creepy.

So far it's ok at best, but for some reason they only put on the first 2 episodes out of 8. Also watched the first episode of Cloak and Dagger another show I didn't get to see before. The one that I still want to see but I can't find online is Legion.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
So far it's ok at best, but for some reason they only put on the first 2 episodes out of 8. Also watched the first episode of Cloak and Dagger another show I didn't get to see before. The one that I still want to see but I can't find online is Legion.

I watched the first season of C&D. It's not bad, I liked it better than Runaways. I think you have to be subscribed to FX to watch Legion. I don't think it's on Crave TV.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
It was nice to watch My Name is Earl again. Great show, shame about the ending.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
heads up as it doesnt show up like anywhere unless you search, but they have “The League” (at least in canada)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad