Deadpool was garbage.

859541.jpg

Messi is overrated.

4a2b8dd63894941d82d579cd2367ea70.gif

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Does this mean big chunks of the Universal Studios amusement park are going to get trucked over to Disneyland?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hopefully they will also leave The Simpsons and Family Guy alone. I.e. Family Guy used to make jokes about Fox and they didn't care.

The Simpsons has been in Star Wars prequel territory for decades. It's not like there's anything left to ruin.

The less said about Family Guy, the better.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Except X-Men and F4 ending back with Marvel (Studios) is actually good news.
F4 yes. Xbooks otoh have always (or at least since Claremont era begun way back) been a bit separate from the rest of the Marvel universe; part of it, but in their own corner, and better for it. (usually much better quality writing)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I'm really worried about this. Fox has done really well with a more mature X-men series. I can't see Disney going the same with with the franchise.

For obvious reasons I'm worried about what they're going to do to Deadpool.

I've said this before, Scott ran this franchise into the ground, mind you Fox didn't help by over reacting to the fan hate/confusion over Prometheus. They also failed miserably in allowing the abominations that were AvP and its sequel to happen. However! Disney is going to take this franchise in a radically different direction, a direction I think none of us are going to like. The franchise has some talent in it. Antal did a good job with Predators. Black is putting a ton of love and effort into his new movie. For all the hate it gets, Resurrection has grown on me and I see now what Jeunete was going for and achieved. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for another go. And of course there's Cameron. Cameron made the Aliens franchise what it is today.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Given how well Disney has done with Marvel and Star Wars, the reservations here surprise me.

The last X-Men and FF movies were absolute shit, and Marvel needed a serious IP boost to keep the MCU from getting stale in the next phase. This addresses that.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Top Democrats on the Senate and House antitrust subcommittees would indeed be holding hearings for The Walt Disney Company's recent proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox's film and tv studios, cable networks, and regional sports channels.

No one is entirely sure when the regulatory process will be completed, both companies were already expecting it to last somewhere between 12 to 18 months, which is a similar timeframe to the Time Warner & AT&T merger.

For comic book movie fans, this means it may be well over a year before the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four actually make their way into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe. Coincidentally, Avengers 4 opens in just under 18 months (17 months to be exact), so if/when the deal does pass regulations, a Phase 4 introduction for some of Marvel's finest seems more probable than not, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

With The Disney/Fox Merger Not Expected To Pass Regulations For 12-18 Months, Here's What To Expect

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Kevin Feige update.

When and how that deal with Fox finishes and comes together and we’re told, “Hey, now you can start working on it. Now you can start thinking about it,” is when we’ll actually start thinking about it. I will say just the notion of having what, frankly, most other companies with [intellectual property] have all along, which is access to all of their characters, that would be fun.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige on the future of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, X-Men — and beyond

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It won't be the last one as they still have the New Mutants coming out which has seen some reshoots to make it a full on horror flick supposedly. It is kind of weird that they do release a week apart with Dark Phoenix coming out Feb 14th next year and New mutants the next weekend.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Kevin Feige has confirmed to The Playlist the new deal between Fox and Disney will not allow for crossovers between the studios in the immediate future:
No, because any of that deal would take a while to get going and years from whenever and if ever it happens. So, certainly it won’t impact the five movies we’ve announced, and it probably wouldn’t impact anything for a handful of years after that. Because really, we’re not thinking about that. We’re thinking of delivering on what we promised. Any movie, especially for any characters we don’t have the rights to yet until someone tells us we do, would be even further after that.​
Advertisement
In a separate interview, Collider asked Feige if he was willing to entertain the idea of producing horror films set in the MCU in the wake of Fox’s New Mutants.
I think, again, horror can mean a lot of things. Horror, did you mean a movie like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Hostel or a Friday the 13th or a Poltergeist? Poltergeist is a little bit more my wheelhouse, that’s such a great movie and it scared the heck out of me but it’s really fun. I don’t know, I certainly would like to play with as many genres as possible.​

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
According to the Venom trailer they are Marvel has their hooks in that as well--slightly --I think it says "In association with Marvel Comics"
I believe it has to do with the deal regarding Spider-Man in the MCU etc. Rumors remain that Holland will have a cameo in Venom.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
And this is why you should never count your chickens before they hatch.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/disneys-plans-to-buy-fox-just-hit-a-major-snag-and-its-1826256762

Marvel Studios’ parent company Disney would very much like to get its hands on all of the sweet, juicy, profitable comic book IP that Fox smartly secured back in the ‘90s, but the House of Mouse’s tentative $52.4 billion offer might no longer be enough to seal the deal.

Today, Comcast made the surprising announcement that it’s considering whether to make a “superior all-cash offer” to acquire 21st Century Fox—a direct challenge to Disney’s all-stock offering:

“Any offer for Fox would be all-cash and at a premium to the value of the current all-share offer from Disney. The structure and terms of any offer by Comcast, including with respect to both the spin-off of “New Fox” and the regulatory risk provisions and the related termination fee, would be at least as favorable to Fox shareholders as the Disney offer. While no final decision has been made, at this point the work to finance the all-cash offer and make the key regulatory filings is well advanced.”​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad