Disillusioned Oiler Fans!! Try the Rush, I did and loved it.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I attended my first NLL game last night and was thoroughly entertained. I was chirping Calgary Roughneck players by the end, cheering, on my feet and just had an all round great time. And this Chris Mathews? This guy is an absolute beast. A treat to watch.

I think I may have found the new passion I have been looking for. I have never played or viewed a lacrosse game until last night and now, I can't recommend the Rush and pro Lacrosse strongly enough.

If you're like me, questioning why you even follow the Oilers and the NHL, try Lacrosse. I GUARANTEE you will like it (oh, and $40 for row 15 behind the net, about a 3rd the cost for the Oilers).

When the Oilers finally become an NHL team (in about 3 years), I'll go back, fosho, but in the meantime (and in between time) I going all in on the Rush.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Been saying this for years. Better entertainment than the Oilers, but they don't get the fans for some reason. It's quite strange. They're gonna be a powerhouse this season too.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I attended my first NLL game last night and was thoroughly entertained. I was chirping Calgary Roughneck players by the end, cheering, on my feet and just had an all round great time. And this Chris Mathews? This guy is an absolute beast. A treat to watch.

I think I may have found the new passion I have been looking for. I have never played or viewed a lacrosse game until last night and now, I can't recommend the Rush and pro Lacrosse strongly enough.

If you're like me, questioning why you even follow the Oilers and the NHL, try Lacrosse. I GUARANTEE you will like it (oh, and $40 for row 15 behind the net, about a 3rd the cost for the Oilers).

When the Oilers finally become an NHL team (in about 3 years), I'll go back, fosho, but in the meantime (and in between time) I going all in on the Rush.

Hmmmm I may have to attend a game. Sounds like a good place to have a few beers as well haha. Apparently the Rush are pretty legit now too.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
It's not going to translate for a lot of fans... I've been to a few rush games in my life, and it's fun. But I'm a fan of hockey. That's not going to change. That's why I won't be 'switching' to Lacrosse.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Meh. Just doesn't do it for me. Once in awhile sure. Should've gone last night was offered tickets.

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
It's definitely an awesome value for what you pay, especially when compared to the other major-league team that plays at Rexall...

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I was quite literally watching the anti-Oilers. Best defence in the league by a wide margin, elite two-way players, tons of heart and compete, teammates stand up for each other, and fantastic coaching and team play. It's comical and sad at the same time. It also costs a whole lot less than an Oilers game.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
You have to be crazier than an arch-typical NHL goalie to play goal in Lacrosse.

In box lacrosse they're pretty much equally crazy.

Field lacrosse goalies on the other hand are ****in' bonkers.
goalie2.jpg

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I used to enjoy watching lacrosse from time to time, but Jason Gregor's obsession with it on 1260 has turned me off to it forever.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Can't get into watching Lacrosse at all. Does nothing for me. Its like taking the artistry, speed, grace, and flow out of hockey and making it into a flatfooted plodding sport.

If People want an antidote to the Oilers try out the U of A Golden Bears who play a smart, sensible, winning game. Much better value for money than the Oil.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Love lacrosse, maybe even more than hockey. They're going to be great this year. Not the biggest fan of the constant crappy music / tryhard dj trying to get the fans going but it's league wide. Seems bush league to me. It'd be nice if they started getting some decent attendance, though.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Out of curiosity just looked it up. LOL at Lacrosse pricing being gouged just like most every sport in Edmonton. Reg tickets run anywhere from 39-69bucks. Are they insane? For Lacrosse?

Safeway cheap seats go for 22bucks, about the same as Esks tickets.

I wonder how the Rush, with a payroll that would be around 20% of the Esks justify similar pricing.

I looked quickly at other teams. In Edmonton "family" tickets cost 25bucks each. In Buffalo you get 4 tickets for 89bucks PLUS full meal deal for everybody included.

lol that Edmonton Rush is a "bargain".

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I'd rather watch the Oil Kings.

This.

Out of curiosity just looked it up. LOL at Lacrosse pricing being gouged just like most every sport in Edmonton. Reg tickets run anywhere from 39-69bucks. Are they insane? For Lacrosse?

Safeway cheap seats go for 22bucks, about the same as Esks tickets.

I wonder how the Rush, with a payroll that would be around 20% of the Esks justify similar pricing.

I looked quickly at other teams. In Edmonton "family" tickets cost 25bucks each. In Buffalo you get 4 tickets for 89bucks PLUS full meal deal for everybody included.

lol that Edmonton Rush is a "bargain".

This. I was shocked when I saw the price of tickets, considering the demand for them is basically nil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad