Dishnetwork has no clue the lockout has ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
I wouldn't be convinced that the Penguins will actually be on in western NY. Are you currently getting Pittsburgh Pirates games?

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
AZmog said:
Anyone here know if Star Choice in Canada will be picking up Centre Ice this season?

I e-mailed Star Choice last week and they said as of right now they did not know if they would carry Center Ice and to watch their announcements to see if it does happen. I'm holding out hope since they didn't say no right away. Try contacting them about it, maybe if they get enough inquiries they'll pick it up.

ResidentAlien*

Does anyone know the status of the games being HD? With everything up in the air ( Comcast OLN CI etc) this seems to be being left out. I have finally talked the dragon lady, aka Mrs. Alien, into a big HDTV. I usually get CI, but since they dont know the lockout is over...

imyourhuckleberry

Nyaaa..What's Up Doc
Sep 1, 2003
I'm getting pirate games on the RSN channel, i talked to a rep recently who said its very possible the games will show up on the RSN, if the deal is not made. What if I order center ice, i know the local feed will be blacked out, but would i be able to watch a feed from another network that the sabres are playing?

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
Dizzy said:
I e-mailed Star Choice last week and they said as of right now they did not know if they would carry Center Ice and to watch their announcements to see if it does happen. I'm holding out hope since they didn't say no right away. Try contacting them about it, maybe if they get enough inquiries they'll pick it up.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If you want NHL Center Ice, go with either Bell or Rogers.

If you have Rogers in your area, they have the best deal: For $26.95 per month you get the super sports package, which includes NHL Centre Ice, NFL Sunday Ticket, Nascar In Car, MLB Extra Innings, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and OHL Action Pack. That's $323.40/year for every sports package available in Canada.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
OilKiller said:
If you have Rogers in your area, they have the best deal: For $26.95 per month you get the super sports package, which includes NHL Centre Ice, NFL Sunday Ticket, Nascar In Car, MLB Extra Innings, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and OHL Action Pack. That's $323.40/year for every sports package available in Canada.

Is that really true? That is an amazing deal, especially in Canadian funds!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
nomorekids said:
i've always gotten center ice from cablevision\io digital cable here in NJ...but at the moment it's not even listed(though to be fair, neither is NBA league pass or the NFL package)

anyone in the area know if it's just too early at this point? will it be available closer to the season's start?

Alright, I finally got some answers...sort of.

"In-demand," who is the supplier of Center Ice\MLB extra -innings\NBA league pass is the SOLE provider for digital cable, which I have..and Cablevision told me that if\when in-demand gives them info...they'll be able to start selling the package, but as of now...in-demand has told them nothing. I checked out the in-demand website...and they are actively pimping the package...and talking about hockey being back, but you can't order it and it gives you no clue as to when you'll be able to. it simply says, "details coming soon"

Anyone else want to do some research on the matter? :)

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
nomorekids said:
Anyone else want to do some research on the matter? :)
Here is the Center Ice page from nhl.com. It has a "Contact Center Ice" link. I think everyone should go there and ask the question: "Is it true that Center Ice will be free this season?"

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Dizzy said:

I've got Starchoice too - I asked them about CI as well, they told me they have no plans to carry it but I could put in a request for it - so I did.
I'm not very hopeful it's going to be picked up by them, at least not for this year.
I'll just get the NHL Network, it shows parts of games live and then the highlights of every game at the end of the nite.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
marknuck311 said:
I've got Starchoice too - I asked them about CI as well, they told me they have no plans to carry it but I could put in a request for it - so I did.
I'm not very hopeful it's going to be picked up by them, at least not for this year.
I'll just get the NHL Network, it shows parts of games live and then the highlights of every game at the end of the nite.

I've got the NHL Network, it's good for seeing a few live minutes of a game every so often through the night and great for highlights. I just wish I could see whole games. Cable is not an option for me and neither is switching to ExpressVu so Star Choice is my only hope.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It took Bell ExpressVu until just recently to start advertising their NFL Sunday Ticket package for this season. Up until about a week or so ago, they still had the message up there from the end of last season saying something to the effect of, "we hope you enjoyed the season". Therefore, I wouldn't read much into the fact that the various companies are a little slow getting off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->