Speculation: ''Disgrace of hockey'' Radulov thread |Will the prodigal son return to his papa Roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
No. No news (that I have been able to find).

As I said before, I used to disagree with the notion that the Avs were waiting for the final Salary Cap # to come in before "closing the deal" with Radulov, but as I've thought about it, I think that's what they're doing.

And I still am confident he'll be suiting up for the Avalanche on October 15th.

I hope you're right. It'd be nice to have a poster on here with some inside info again. TPS used to post stuff like this but he stopped for some reason.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope you're right. It'd be nice to have a poster on here with some inside info again. TPS used to post stuff like this but he stopped for some reason.

People harassed him, got mad at him and accused him of lying and having bias towards certain players.

I once said he seemed biased towards ROR but when I did that I had no idea that he had inside sources and was a friend of some players. I just thought he was a random poster :laugh: .

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I wouldn't call myself someone with "inside information". I happened to be in a position to learn some things about the Radulov situation.

While I may be very confident in the information I have on Radulov, as such it's only prudent to preface that with the obvious fact that until the contract is signed, anything can happen.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Stupid question does Detroit able to sign rads if they land Stamkos for 10 mil a year? I am horrible with money and cap related info?

If they get rid of Datsyuk's contract they probably can. Hawks have two players making 10.5 mill each yet they're still able to have guys like Hossa, Keith and Seabrook, Detroit has bunch of young guys not making a lot of money right now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If they get rid of Datsyuk's contract they probably can. Hawks have two players making 10.5 mill each yet they're still able to have guys like Hossa, Keith and Seabrook, Detroit has bunch of young guys not making a lot of money right now.

And you know the Hawks have Hossa and Keith because of the cap-circumventing contracts they've given out.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
People harassed him, got mad at him and accused him of lying and having bias towards certain players.

I once said he seemed biased towards ROR but when I did that I had no idea that he had inside sources and was a friend of some players. I just thought he was a random poster :laugh: .

I never accused him of lying.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Didn't the Wings do the same with Zetterberg?

Yeah...but I'm not sure what your point is other than Detroit did it with Zetterberg.

The Hawks locked in Keith on a 13 year 72M contract (AAV of 5.538M) and he won't reach UFA status until 2023 at age 39...there's a good chance he retires before that point though.

On Hossa, they got him at 12 year 63.3M contract (AAV of 5.275M), and he's already 37 with 5 more years on that deal. But the Hawks have greatly benefitted from those two guys being on REALLY good, team-friendly deals.

So...it's kind of hard to say "Well the Hawks are paying two players 10M+ a year..." when you know that the only way they're able to do that is because of these two players making FAR less than they normally would.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah...but I'm not sure what your point is other than Detroit did it with Zetterberg.

The Hawks locked in Keith on a 13 year 72M contract (AAV of 5.538M) and he won't reach UFA status until 2023 at age 39...there's a good chance he retires before that point though.

On Hossa, they got him at 12 year 63.3M contract (AAV of 5.275M), and he's already 37 with 5 more years on that deal. But the Hawks have greatly benefitted from those two guys being on REALLY good, team-friendly deals.

So...it's kind of hard to say "Well the Hawks are paying two players 10M+ a year..." when you know that the only way they're able to do that is because of these two players making FAR less than they normally would.

Im not arguing that, but the question was, can the Wings afford both Stamkos and Radulov and the answer is yes. If Datsyuk comes off the books, Stamkos (10) Zetterberg (7) Kronwall (6) Radulov lets say at highest (7) Those will be the Wings highest paid players and bunch of young guys who aren't making a lot. They can easily make it work

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Im not arguing that, but the question was, can the Wings afford both Stamkos and Radulov and the answer is yes. If Datsyuk comes off the books, Stamkos (10) Zetterberg (7) Kronwall (6) Radulov lets say at highest (7) Those will be the Wings highest paid players and bunch of young guys who aren't making a lot. They can easily make it work

I don't think Radulov is going to the Wings anyway. I guess he could, but they have 11M in cap space right now, if the Cap is at 71.4M for next year. If we go off of the rumored 73M for next year, that's 13M in cap space and if they trade Datsuyk's cap, that's now ~20M in space. Stamkos could take anywhere from 10-10.5 (maybe even 11M because we know UFA can get crazy). The Wings would have anywhere from 9-10M in space after signing Stamkos, and they still got to re-sign DeKeyser and Mrazek (not to mention possibly Helm, which they are apparently interested in keeping).

It doesn't work, I don't see the math. The answer is "no", it doesn't appear they can.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't think Radulov is going to the Wings anyway. I guess he could, but they have 11M in cap space right now, if the Cap is at 71.4M for next year. If we go off of the rumored 73M for next year, that's 13M in cap space and if they trade Datsuyk's cap, that's now ~20M in space. Stamkos could take anywhere from 10-10.5 (maybe even 11M because we know UFA can get crazy). The Wings would have anywhere from 9-10M in space after signing Stamkos, and they still got to re-sign DeKeyser and Mrazek (not to mention possibly Helm, which they are apparently interested in keeping).

It doesn't work, I don't see the math. The answer is "no", it doesn't appear they can.

I know it's not gonna happen, meaning there is no way Wings will even attempt to get both Stamkos and Radulov, they'll probably try to get one of them, but if they really wanted both they could make it work, they would certainly have to lose one of their top young guys though along with Datsyuk's contract, but with couple of tweaks they could make it work. It's all hypothetical though, it isn't happening.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I know it's not gonna happen, meaning there is no way Wings will even attempt to get both Stamkos and Radulov, they'll probably try to get one of them, but if they really wanted both they could make it work, they would certainly have to lose one of their top young guys though along with Datsyuk's contract, but with couple of tweaks they could make it work. It's all hypothetical though, it isn't happening.

Needing to re-sign Mrazek and DeKeyser says it wouldn't work...I literally just explained that...I don't see the money fit for both if they're keeping both of those guys. And make no mistake, the Wings would be stupid to give up either DeKeyser or Mrazek right now.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I wouldn't call myself someone with "inside information". I happened to be in a position to learn some things about the Radulov situation.

While I may be very confident in the information I have on Radulov, as such it's only prudent to preface that with the obvious fact that until the contract is signed, anything can happen.

Yeah, I hope you're correct on this. I've long held the position that Radulov won't come to Colorado, but that's not because I have any more info than anyone else, nor that I have any criticism towards management or anything. I think there are some things in place that could outweigh the Roy/Radulov thing:

- Radulov will be 30 years old at the beginning of this upcoming season, and this is quite likely the best contract he's going to sign for the rest of his life.

- Hence, Radulov won't take a "home town discount" (or "familiar coach discount", if you prefer) that many fans always talk about (in truth, I feel that few players actually do that - and if they do, the amount is nominal).

- Colorado won't pay anyone but MacKinnon more than $6M per season.

- Some other team could quite possibly do that for Radulov.

Now, it's possible that a lot of teams are interested in Radulov, but not salivating over him, and he won't get a big contract offer in 2016. In that case, if Radulov signs a 1 year contract to 'prove' himself at the NHL level, perhaps his last big contract will be signed in 2017. But all it takes is one semi-desperate GM.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If it was truly about the money for Radulov, he'd probably stay in Russia. He won't make near what he was making there over in the NHL, AB. He's already signed the "best contract of his life" in the KHL

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
If it was truly about the money for Radulov, he'd probably stay in Russia. He won't make near what he was making there over in the NHL, AB. He's already signed the "best contract of his life" in the KHL

Yep, the real question is, what is more important, the cup or the coach.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

You'll never know what the main reason is for Radulov coming to NHL. He says he wants to win the cup, but that makes every single player in the league, they all say they want to win the cup. Living in Russia can be very frustrating even if you're making tons of money, I lived there so I know. Radulov can very well be tired of all the politics and corruption going on in Russia so he decided to go to NHL, that doesn't mean he's no gonna look to sign with the highest bidder.

Looking at the odds, if Radulov truly wants to win the cup, Avs aren't even a playoff contender let alone cup contender. Avs most likely won't be offering the most money to Radulov because they don't like to overpay players. The only thing is Roy connection which I don't think is gonna be enough for Radulov to consider Colorado.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Sadly, this is probably what cushions you against the treatment we've seen given to previous posters. It was a shame that so many turned on him the way they did (seems to be the way of the new internet age though :wally: ).

That being said, this organization seems to drag its feet often to its own detriment.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sadly, this is probably what cushions you against the treatment we've seen given to previous posters. It was a shame that so many turned on him the way they did (seems to be the way of the new internet age though :wally: ).

That being said, this organization seems to drag its feet often to its own detriment.

I will say, I haven't leaked much on here, but I feel I have been treated fairly when it comes to the info. The ROR situation was kinda special all around. It sucks TPS got what he did, but it didn't come out of nowhere either.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Tell me about it. Just tow the party line, and agree with what everyone says, and it should be A-ok :nod:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

No one wants Radulov to sign with the Avs more than I do. I think he's an elite talent, and I would have ZERO problem going a 5 year term for him, because I think he'd be earning every bit of his contract (and then some) for that 5 years.

I want it to happen, not just because I'll have to deal with people looking back at what I wrote and asking "So, what happened, huh?"; but because I truly believe he'll make the team better.

If I didn't know anything, I wouldn't be posting on the matter in the manner I have been. But the problem is, he's not signed...so, until he is, I recognize that anything can happen.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I will say, I haven't leaked much on here, but I feel I have been treated fairly when it comes to the info. The ROR situation was kinda special all around. It sucks TPS got what he did, but it didn't come out of nowhere either.

[begin old man rant]

I agree, there was some implied arrogance [not exactly the right word I'm looking for] about the situation, but there are too many people that have little to contribute and only feel empowered when they can tear down other's thoughts, beliefs, etc. At least this site is much better than a few other sites I read through (thank you Mods!), and don't get me started on that Twitter thing.

[end old man rant]

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
No one wants Radulov to sign with the Avs more than I do. I think he's an elite talent, and I would have ZERO problem going a 5 year term for him, because I think he'd be earning every bit of his contract (and then some) for that 5 years.

I want it to happen, not just because I'll have to deal with people looking back at what I wrote and asking "So, what happened, huh?"; but because I truly believe he'll make the team better.

If I didn't know anything, I wouldn't be posting on the matter in the manner I have been. But the problem is, he's not signed...so, until he is, I recognize that anything can happen.

RL, he's 30 in a week. We are talking about a 35-36 year old at contracts end. I'm really unsure why you so desperately want him here? Didn't Joe specifically say he didn't want to mortgage our future on an older player?

Sure, he'd make it more fun for the fans in the next couple of years, but you tell me, are we in a building phase, or are we in a phase where we add a few pieces and contend for a cup?

That's why I stated in the Trades thread that Joe and Pat may hold off on moves (for now), and be quite inactive (which quite a few people disagreed with) - yet I notice a lot of the articles that have come out have this week have agreed with my theory.

Honestly mate, (and I know the club has preached patience for ages), I think we need to consolidate.

We need to wait until contracts like Iginla, Stuart & a few others (I'd even say Beauchemin (because I literally saw him physically slow in the last 1/3 of the season) are gone.

Duchene, Landeskog, Mackinnon, Barrie, Johnson will all be 25-28 then, and that's when we add pieces to make a tilt for a cup.

Fact is (in my opinion) Sakic made EXACTLY the right moves in acquiring veterans to help our young guys, but it's also a fact that they have grossly under performed (even Tangs, who got so much better as soon as he left us), so it's not Roy's or Sakic's fault in my opinion as to why we were so poor.

Wouldn't Radulov just potentially be another Tanguay, Iginla, Stuart, Beauchemin type?

Have patience. Let the core continue to develop. Hopefully Grigorenko and Rantanen (and whoever this years 10th overall is) grow some.

Sakic agreed he's not pulling the vet card anymore, and he's learned from it. I completely agree. Will we have tough times in the next few years? Sure ! But the payoff at the end is what we are after.

Remember, when I supported Quebec, it was exactly the same thing. Heck, players who were drafted didn't want to even play for us. But it was those really bad years, that made Colorado what it was when we came to Denver man.

We are just going through that again. I'm not sure Radulov right now helps that growth longer term.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
RL, he's 30 in a week. We are talking about a 35-36 year old at contracts end. I'm really unsure why you so desperately want him here? Didn't Joe specifically say he didn't want to mortgage our future on an older player?

Sure, he'd make it more fun for the fans in the next couple of years, but you tell me, are we in a building phase, or are we in a phase where we add a few pieces and contend for a cup?

That's why I stated in the Trades thread that Joe and Pat may hold off on moves (for now), and be quite inactive (which quite a few people disagreed with) - yet I notice a lot of the articles that have come out have this week have agreed with my theory.

Honestly mate, (and I know the club has preached patience for ages), I think we need to consolidate.

We need to wait until contracts like Iginla, Stuart & a few others (I'd even say Beauchemin (because I literally saw him physically slow in the last 1/3 of the season) are gone.

Duchene, Landeskog, Mackinnon, Barrie, Johnson will all be 25-28 then, and that's when we add pieces to make a tilt for a cup.

Fact is (in my opinion) Sakic made EXACTLY the right moves in acquiring veterans to help our young guys, but it's also a fact that they have grossly under performed (even Tangs, who got so much better as soon as he left us), so it's not Roy's or Sakic's fault in my opinion as to why we were so poor.

Wouldn't Radulov just potentially be another Tanguay, Iginla, Stuart, Beauchemin type?

Have patience. Let the core continue to develop. Hopefully Grigorenko and Rantanen (and whoever this years 10th overall is) grow some.

Sakic agreed he's not pulling the vet card anymore, and he's learned from it. I completely agree. Will we have tough times in the next few years? Sure ! But the payoff at the end is what we are after.

Remember, when I supported Quebec, it was exactly the same thing. Heck, players who were drafted didn't want to even play for us. But it was those really bad years, that made Colorado what it was when we came to Denver man.

We are just going through that again. I'm not sure Radulov right now helps that growth longer term.

LOL, Radulov "another Tanguay, Iginla, Stuart, Beauchemin"...that's hilarious. And signing him wouldn't be "mortgaging our future on an older player"...FFS the guy is only going to turn 30. He'll still be productive. Add in that his body doesn't have the "NHL miles" on it, and I think he could be productive even beyond 35. I'm really unsure why you wouldn't want to add a player of his skill level for free (meaning not trading for him, just signing him).

Radulov, on a 5 year contract, would be JUST FINE for the duration of it, that's what I believe. And even if he bolts, the contract comes off the books because it's not a 35+ contract.

It is my opinion that he's a world-class player, and would immediately be the best offensive player on the Avalanche upon signing. Immediately.

Now, that being said, I am unsure he signs a 5 year deal, I think it'll ultimately be a 3 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->