NHL 20 Discussion Thread

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
just started playing and i play on superstar mode. sometimes i win sometimes i lose. but man oh man the skating is good but does anyone change their sliders? like for example my players get fatigued easily when im on the penalty kill. it takes them along time to recover. plus when im playing defense trying to catch the player is there a button to speed burst? goalies are really good. making unbelievable saves.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
just started playing and i play on superstar mode. sometimes i win sometimes i lose. but man oh man the skating is good but does anyone change their sliders? like for example my players get fatigued easily when im on the penalty kill. it takes them along time to recover. plus when im playing defense trying to catch the player is there a button to speed burst? goalies are really good. making unbelievable saves.

L3 is hustle.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Every and I mean every RFA doesn’t want to re sign with their team in franchise mode. In the free agency class there was over 40 RFAs of all levels.... wtf EA

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really wish they made a coaching database and allowed users to edit them rather than just randomly generating them each time a new franchise is started.

There’s really no excuse to not get the licence from the Coachings Union for NHL 21.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
We're almost three months post release and EA still hasn't updated the AHL rosters. Incredible.

Whatabout NHL rosters? I bought the game for christmas and i wonder about some things. I saw team and player ratings on some utube video and Colorado, which i intend to play for, had pretty shit goaltending ratings - given the fact Grubauer used to be backUp and Francouz not in NHL at all...i wonder if this was changed, as they are massively underrated.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I was curious why Snoop Dogg would randomly start popping up in games recently and found out that one of the updates actually added him into random broadcasts for periods and apparently even have his own character.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know how many Diamond Packs we have had until this point?! 4 right?! And the New Year makes 5?! Think that's my last one. I would like/need to know, as I pre-ordered the deluxe and it gives you 5 packs/1 per month.

Thanks

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
There's no reason to believe ice tilt exists online or that the game intentionally favors one player over another. But there's every reason to believe there's enough random shit the game decides for you that it can unintentionally f*** you over all game long, and as such spend all game helping/not f***ing over the other person.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There's no reason to believe ice tilt exists online or that the game intentionally favors one player over another. But there's every reason to believe there's enough random **** the game decides for you that it can unintentionally **** you over all game long, and as such spend all game helping/not ****ing over the other person.

Pretty sure was proven like 2 years ago that ice tilt exists.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
There's no reason to believe ice tilt exists online or that the game intentionally favors one player over another. But there's every reason to believe there's enough random **** the game decides for you that it can unintentionally **** you over all game long, and as such spend all game helping/not ****ing over the other person.

It’s all about the ping. Good ping = good bounces and responsive ai.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Alright so, got it for 25 bucks on Xbox. a couple days of playing: the commentary team is bruuuuutal. They get excited for nothing sometimes, it feels like half of the players don’t have any PBP lines because more then 70% of the time I score a goal, they don’t reference the player at all. The arena PA announcer during games remains literally pointless giving the same monotone announcement for home and away goals, scouting is crazy. I understand that the draft is a crapshoot but I feel like I can’t scout half of the players because doing so takes so long now. Maybe it will be better a few seasons in.

Really, the gameplay itself feels so arcady. Huge hits everywhere. An awesome change in regards to when a game is done the shot totals no longer look like 44-9/37-11 and the score 4-3 in my favor. 50-37/44-41/27-38 shot totals are sweet. As is the fact that the player CPU goalie doesn’t let in every other mildly difficult shot.

Which setting gives the most realistic point totals? Medium or High?

I’m certainly less upset with this version than I am past ones. Of course I got it for 60% off so I was already less annoyed with it. But, the hits are just a bit too big probably. And too often.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Pretty sure was proven like 2 years ago that ice tilt exists.
Offline, I could see that. Online, I doubt it.

But that doesn't mean the game doesn't still regularly make mindblowingly stupid decisions on your behalf and give free goals and free chances to people for no reason. Which I can only imagine makes some idiot on the other side feel real good about themselves until they get blown out the next game.

It’s all about the ping. Good ping = good bounces and responsive ai.
I feel like that probably isn't true. Though I don't doubt people pop on a torrent or stream some HD content to throw the game off if it isn't going their way.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Settle down junior. I don't think a painfully obnoxious James Cybulski, trying to sound "hip" is their target audience.

It’s really not that bad and guest commentators is something they’ve never attempted before and is a fun addition.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know when we get the next batch of Diamond Choice Packs?! Also, if I pre-ordered just the Deluxe, do I get 1 more, or have I got my 5, already?! Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->