NHL 20 Discussion Thread

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I would love to know why, while playing eashl with 2 or 3 human players and cpu defense, the opposing teams defense steps up and plays great gap and lays blue line hits.

While our defense backs off and off and off to give the opponent that skeez wrister all the time.

No matter how I set the defensive settings that's how it always plays out.

That and the cpu defense, with zero pressure, wraps it around from behind the net into our own goalie for a defensive zone faceoff?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
When do the pre-order Diamond packs usually drop?! Was just wondering..., believe mine were last Wednesday, the 25th of Sept.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Anybody else notice all created players are elite shot generators no matter the position or player type?

Even playmakers, grinders will put up 350+ shots a season when first line, regardless of stats, and will then have more goals than assists no matter what.

Likewise, defenceman will generate at least 200 even as a DFD.

Any idea how to fix this?

There used to be a hidden pass-shoot tendency for all players in the EA NHL games. You couldn't see it if you looked at the player's ratings screen in-game but if you manually edited rosters on PC using an editing program you could see the rating and edit it to make the player more likely to pass or more likely to shoot. Now I read on another forum that this pass-shoot rating is very likely to still in the game and that the game probably automatically assigns created players a shooting-heavy rating. I can't confirm this though because I don't think they've cracked how to edit PS4 rosters on PC yet. But it was there as recently as the PS3 NHL games.

Now I only tested this on actual NHL players in the game and not created ones, but if you lower their wrist shot accuracy and slap shot accuracy, you will see a decrease in shots on goal. Lowering wrist shot accuracy has a greater effect than lowering slap shot accuracy. Maybe try this on your created players?

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Can anybody tell me if any of the Hurricanes new logos (the double flag or the new C) are included in the create a team feature or is it still just the main logo and the old flag?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
There used to be a hidden pass-shoot tendency for all players in the EA NHL games. You couldn't see it if you looked at the player's ratings screen in-game but if you manually edited rosters on PC using an editing program you could see the rating and edit it to make the player more likely to pass or more likely to shoot. Now I read on another forum that this pass-shoot rating is very likely to still in the game and that the game probably automatically assigns created players a shooting-heavy rating. I can't confirm this though because I don't think they've cracked how to edit PS4 rosters on PC yet. But it was there as recently as the PS3 NHL games.

Now I only tested this on actual NHL players in the game and not created ones, but if you lower their wrist shot accuracy and slap shot accuracy, you will see a decrease in shots on goal. Lowering wrist shot accuracy has a greater effect than lowering slap shot accuracy. Maybe try this on your created players?
Well missing the net entirely will definitely lower your SOGs so that's not really telling off the tendancies..I think there is a hidden tendancy but there is no way to prove it though when me and my buddy were playing together guys like Skinner love to use the toe-drag randomly and annoyingly they like to do right before the blue line to make us go offside thinking they were just gonna carry it in but that was NHL 19.

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Hate drop in lobbies that are like 5 vs 4 and everyone leaves at the last second. Just play, we have enough, damn.

Even worse, games that start with a quick goal or 2 for either side, causing half the team to quit. Damn pathetic, face some adversity and come back. Just try.

Then the soundtrack is a wet noodle. What hockey player listens to this garbage before a game to get amped up? Incel slam poetry song, anti-capitalism song, and some other robo trash. Who in the hell gets motivated by this pig vomit? And then we have songs with censored out curse words. They shouldn’t have picked songs like that for a game played by little kids to begin with. Completely uninspiring. Boom boom boom, zoom zoom zoom, fart fart fart.

And god forbid you’re 600cr or higher. 350cr teammates that don’t realize shooting is manual to balance out the matchmaking all the time. Good luck ever doing anything aside from plays off the rush with them.

Last edited:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Anybody know when the roster update drops?
Probably this week I guess, every teams played at least one game, same for AHL, every players not licensed yet like ex-KHL players, NCAA players, all played at least one game, or made final cut.

Hoped that they separated roster update and game update. Like not to have to ditch a whole roster updated for third jerseys adding .

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Just update it manually will save the headache of waiting to their rosters that most likely you'll have to edit. Speaking of editing. Why can't you edit the player's height and weight? Players do grow throughout the years in the NHL. That is really stupid of EA.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just update it manually will save the headache of waiting to their rosters that most likely you'll have to edit. Speaking of editing. Why can't you edit the player's height and weight? Players do grow throughout the years in the NHL. That is really stupid of EA.

a lot of the players needing to be created will be added in the next roster update.

id rather wait for that, then to have to create all those players myself

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
a lot of the players needing to be created will be added in the next roster update.

id rather wait for that, then to have to create all those players myself

Yeah, it’s the only reason I haven’t bought the game yet. It’s worth the wait for me

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Last NHL game I got is NHL 18 and I plan on updating all my sports games this year but is NHL 20 REALLY worth it? I have seen mixed reviews. I see franchise mode has been tweaked.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Can someone explain wrist shot power for me in be a pro everytime i wind up a wrist shot i get weak shot power or smart shot

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The little additions they make to the commentary are actually pretty good.

I really liked Cybulski losing his **** over Patrick Kane scoring for me, he goes "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE! THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!" which i'm like 99% sure is a reference to this;

Reactions: RandyBobandi

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
When do the pre-order Diamond packs usually drop?! Was just wondering..., believe mine were last Wednesday, the 25th of Sept.
There was official statement from that Clapperton fella on Twatter saying the last time we got the Diamond packs was a mistake. They were our october Diamond packs but were granted too early. From now on we will get Diamond packs every 1st day of month. So only three weeks for the next patch... :boredom:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->