OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
It doesn’t matter as PSG’s goal is not to win Ligue 1, it is to win the Champions League. That is why they hired Emery, his past success in Europe.

Even when Wenger was winning league titles in England, and a couple of those were doubles also, they weren’t doing too well in Europe. And more recently they were going out in the round of 16 most years, usually to decently better teams but still.

I just don’t think Wenger when I am looking for success in Europe.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I just don’t think Wenger when I am looking for success in Europe.

Wenger's lack of success in Europe is a valid argument but the Wenger discussion started when he was compared to Barry Trotz. Despite Wenger's lack of Europe success he does have titles and cups to his name. Trotz has nothing but 2 President's Trophies. Is there even an actual Presidents Trophy? Anyway, its not a good comparison, IMO.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Liverpool thought it was an NHL game with a long pre game ceremony?? non-existent in the first half.

The game should be over with Mata's bicycle. Instead we gave them hope with a fluke own goal.

Nice W against a rival.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fans assault players in Lille pitch invasion

"You're dirtying our jersey, you're dirtying our jersey," the horde of irate fans chanted at the players.
Lille are next-to-last with only nine games left and fans issued a threat if things don't improve.
"If we go down, we'll take you down," some of them sang, as Lopez shook his head disapprovingly from the stands.
Stewards initially struggled to stop fans from entering the tunnel to the dressing rooms. But finally the fans backed off to the stands.

Pretty crazy...

How do leagues allow this to continue to happen?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Lille was a regular member of European Cups few years ago from France, now they're flirting with the soporific league 2, understandable behaviour from the fans.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
So the win against Liverpool just 3 days ago, doesn't count? Liverpool is not a best team this year?

I saw a similar article on a Belgium site "does Mourinho's system work in the new era of football"

They have already forgot his 3 trophies last year and an European cup??

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
'So much money, so poor' – Spanish press lays into Manchester United

Vultures are out...wow...harsh lol.

In AS, the editorial called this “one of Sevilla’s biggest feats, at the historic and venerable Old Trafford, [one] that will be written into history for ever, and it was done with pure football against Mourinho’s troglodyte model, in which so much money has been invested so that De Gea can hoof a long ball towards Fellaini and Lukaku. Sevilla won and so did football”.

“The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, another key player for the national team is injured, and will probably miss the world cup. (Kokorin)
Since 2002, every time Russia participate to a World Cup or Euro, we have 1 (or +) key player injured for the tournament.
:scared::madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->