Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He might be worth watching more soccer

If USA Soccer would stop being a shitshow the USMNT could be a fun team to watch over the next few World Cup cycles. Pulisic is obvious but there's also:
  • Gio Reyna, 17, F/MF, just made his first start at Dortmund and already looks to be the next wunderkind.
  • Chris Richards, 20, CB, debuted for Bayern Munich's top team this past Saturday.
  • Weston McKinnie, 21, MF, fixture in the starting lineup for Schalke.
  • Sergio Dest, 19, RB, killing it at Ajax and choosing between Bayern, Barcelona, and PSG as a transfer destination this summer.
There's also some of the other younger but more established guys like Tyler Adams, Jordan Morris, John Brooks, DeAndre Yedlin (though he is struggling badly), Timmy Weah, Zack Steffan, and Julian Green and a bunch of other names like Duane Holmes, Alfredo Morales, Antonee Robinson, and Ulysses Llanez who will likely soon be household names.

I think they screwed up the coaching hire with Berhalter and they continue to price out a large population of potential youth products with their outrageous academy and youth fee structures but there's definitely talent out there worth watching.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Christiaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Gotta find a way to extend Willian. Still so good as a vet presence with skill.

That was an absurd handball by Fernandinho.

Last edited:

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
At this rate Foxes won't finish top 5 after threatening 2nd place, and will miss the Champions League if they don't turn it around quick. Man U has been the story of the restart, with a number of interesting attacking pieces and Bruno reigning terror at Old Trafford. The battle for relegation should be interesting too, and you add the FA cup into the mix you have a pretty dramatic July.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
If USA Soccer would stop being a shitshow the USMNT could be a fun team to watch over the next few World Cup cycles. Pulisic is obvious but there's also:
  • Gio Reyna, 17, F/MF, just made his first start at Dortmund and already looks to be the next wunderkind.
  • Chris Richards, 20, CB, debuted for Bayern Munich's top team this past Saturday.
  • Weston McKinnie, 21, MF, fixture in the starting lineup for Schalke.
  • Sergio Dest, 19, RB, killing it at Ajax and choosing between Bayern, Barcelona, and PSG as a transfer destination this summer.
There's also some of the other younger but more established guys like Tyler Adams, Jordan Morris, John Brooks, DeAndre Yedlin (though he is struggling badly), Timmy Weah, Zack Steffan, and Julian Green and a bunch of other names like Duane Holmes, Alfredo Morales, Antonee Robinson, and Ulysses Llanez who will likely soon be household names.

I think they screwed up the coaching hire with Berhalter and they continue to price out a large population of potential youth products with their outrageous academy and youth fee structures but there's definitely talent out there worth watching.

I am not high on McKinnie. In his last USMNT cap, the best thing he did was watch his man run 100 yards and score a goal. Easy pass until he learns to play 2 ways.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I saw the last 3-4 minutes of CP-CHE game, that was funny. Crystal Palace should have scored in the last minutes. had few great chances.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gunners getting a red card and/or giving up a late goal might be the two most predictable things in sports today.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
the UCL bracket reminds me the EURO 2016 bracket.
Every good teams on one part of the bracket.
go Atalanta for the final W :laugh:

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Also - I think that Havertz is going to be an absolute world class superstar. Anyone who buys him at $100+ million this summer is going to get a bargain in comparison to his future value, IMO. Talented, playmaker, scorer, versatile (can play any attacking position), big, smart, and pacey. He has it all. And he's only 21 with two solid seasons under his belt already. He's a guy I look at and see being worth $200+ million in the future, like Mbappé.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->